NiaD X

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 am Post

nom wrote:May I?

No silly, he has said repeatedly, Oct X

nomnomnomnomnomnom
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

xandria
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:48 am Post

Sign me up! woohoo!
ImageImage

Ce
CeramicFairy
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 am Post

Yes please! Count me in.

Ma
Maelduin

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:28 am Post

I'm in!

Ma
Maelduin

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:29 am Post

What's the genre this year? A gender-bending cowboy zombie fantasy set in space?

Shift
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:56 pm Post

Greetings! I'm in!! XD

Edit: I need to add missing coffee cups to my sig....

tanyareed

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:35 am Post

I'll give this a try again! I've had fun both of the other times I've played.

tanyareed

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:39 am Post

That's Thanksgiving weekend? It's a good thing I only celebrate with my parents on Sunday and Monday. :)

kirtvee wrote:Sadly, I won't be able to join in on the NiaD fun this year as it's scheduled over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be rather busy smoking a turkey and eating pumpkin pie with the in-laws while they're visiting. Though in an alternate reality where I DIDN'T get along with my in-laws, NiaD would have been an excellent excuse to avoid them! :roll:

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm Post

I'm going to stick my head on the block again and say I'd like to be in. It's been a number of years during which other things in life have got in the way. I just hope it's a genre less daunting than the last two; I know nothing about piratical cyber-dolphins … or about anything much, really!

:)

Mark, a.k.a Mr X
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

de
deekayoh

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:57 pm Post

Count me in! :D

Kingstonmike

Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:57 pm Post

I'd love to do this one more time.

Booking off the time, so I don't get called in at the last minute, like the last time and marking it on my calendar so I don't get the days mixed up like the ...other..last time.

I loved doing it and want to redeem myself for the times I fornicated the canine, so to speak...

"Revenge is a dish best served published!”
― Lisa Kovanda

Ha
Hal Abeoji

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:58 pm Post

I would love to take part! Thanks!

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:27 pm Post

Okay, wow! A load of you have signed up VERY QUICKLY! Sorry it's taken me a little while to acknowledge!!! :D
Evil Overlord wrote:I'm in. I look forward to this every year - especially the often epic mismatch between my knowledge and the genre or context. :-)
I totally agree! The genres that have stretched me the most outside my normal reading / writing have definitely taught me the most about my reading / writing.
Thrash wrote:I'd love to do his again!
Welcome back!
Kramer wrote:I'm in...!
Yes!
r6d2 wrote:Would love to make a nice come back this year. Fill me in, please! :mrgreen:
Absolutely! :mrgreen:
Cesca wrote:I'm down! This was so much fun last time!
Glad you enjoyed it! Welcome back!
Camy wrote:Ooooooo! Yes yes yes yes yes, please! :D Thank you, Roger. The Interstellar pirate dolphin genre is underutilised.
ADDED! I don't know if Interstellar pirate dolphin is underutilised as such. I think Jaysen writes 5 or 6 novellas in that vein every year...?
"hallda01 wrote:I'm in.
Yay!
IanPhilpott wrote:Count me in!
Absolutely!
ElNocho wrote:Count me in, too! I'm looking forward to the next great distraction.
Done! The trick is to milk as much enjoyment / distraction in the run up to the event as you can, by talking ceaselessly about it on social media and encouraging all your friends, casual acquaintances, and random strangers you pass on the street to join in.
Ryker Hayes wrote:I'm in! :D
Great!
kirtvee wrote:Sadly, I won't be able to join in on the NiaD fun this year as it's scheduled over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be rather busy smoking a turkey and eating pumpkin pie with the in-laws while they're visiting. Though in an alternate reality where I DIDN'T get along with my in-laws, NiaD would have been an excellent excuse to avoid them! :roll:
Mmmmm... Smoked Turkey and Pumpkin Pie!
Sorry you can't join us. Does sound delicious, though!
Jaysen wrote:See Piggy! Folks WANT to write about piratical dolphin ETs!
You do know that I only tell people what to write for one day a year? The other days they're free to write whatever stories and genres they like?
manyaraz wrote:I'd love to join this year around!
Welcome!
Foxtrot wrote:Hello, I would like to participate this year after a few years absence.
Once a NiaDer (Noveller in a Day? Infinite Monkeys?!), always a NiaDer!!!!
Velviit wrote: Hi Pigfender, I really enjoyed working on Niad 9 1/2. It would be quite special to take part in the 2020 NIAD. Please add me to the list. Looking forward to it, Yay!!
DONE! I'm hoping this will be the BEST ONE YET!
ianhart wrote:I'm sharpening my hypodermic for the NiaD vaccine!
NiaD cures everything*! Also, even though you've not expressly said so, I'm going to assume you want to take part?! I've added you to the list anyway. No backsies!
* - note, NiaD has not been proven to have any health benefits in any tests, clinical or otherwise.
Lord Nomibold, you are always welcome.
gr wrote:Maybe I've downed one too many pencil cups, but dang it, I'm gonna do it this time! I'm tired of watching you folks have all the fun!
A...L...L ...... T...H...E ...... F...U...N
FleetAdmiralO wrote:2000% down! Sign me up (again and again and again)!
2000% in! Yay!
MsRestless wrote:I would like to participate in this novel project.
Welcome back! :)
drbruce wrote:Yaaay! One of the highlights of my writing calendar. Count me in for sure.
Excellent!
Jaysen wrote:
No silly, he has said repeatedly, Oct X
nomnomnomnomnomnom
hahaha
xandria wrote:Sign me up! woohoo!
DONE!
CeramicFairy wrote:Yes please! Count me in.
Yes!
Maelduin wrote:What's the genre this year? A gender-bending cowboy zombie fantasy set in space?
A couple of NiaDs ago you almost got a story with the working title "Robots vs Zombies", but I scrapped it about a week before the day and came up with something completely different instead. One day I hope to reuse that plot as maybe a webcomic or something.
Shift wrote:Greetings! I'm in!! XD Edit: I need to add missing coffee cups to my sig....
YES! And, yes. The NiaD Award Mugs are highly prized and should be proudly displayed on all electronic media, from your twitter profile to your work email autosig. (Ok, maybe not your work email autosig).
tanyareed wrote:I'll give this a try again! I've had fun both of the other times I've played.
Glad you had fun!
xiamenese wrote:I'm going to stick my head on the block again and say I'd like to be in. It's been a number of years during which other things in life have got in the way. I just hope it's a genre less daunting than the last two; I know nothing about piratical cyber-dolphins … or about anything much, really!

:)

Mark, a.k.a Mr X
YEEEESSSS! I *KNEW* you wouldn't be able to resist the X! :D
deekayoh wrote:Count me in! :D
Absolutely!
Kingstonmike wrote:I'd love to do this one more time.

Booking off the time, so I don't get called in at the last minute, like the last time and marking it on my calendar so I don't get the days mixed up like the ...other..last time.

I loved doing it and want to redeem myself for the times I fornicated the canine, so to speak...
Very happy to have you back!
Hal Abeoji wrote:I would love to take part! Thanks!
We'd love to have you!
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

pigfender

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:28 pm Post

#LongestPostEver
Image Image

pigfender

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:28 am Post

If anyone has any questions, please ask away!!!!
Image Image