NiaD X

homeport
Platform: Mac

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:55 am Post

pigfender wrote:Good morning, fellow humans!

I'm very happy to announce that the 2020 NiaD award badges have now been uploaded! Sorry about the delay this year -- we had some technical issues that meant things took a little longer than usual. We're investigating a new badge hosting approach that would solve this problem in the future (and hopefully make future years' badges instantly available), but we've decided to park that to 2021 to give us time to get it working and delay you no further!

Thank you so much and for all the hard work you have put in to make these events especially this year so much fun.
I will put in my thoughts on next year now just get ahead of all the suggestions you will have but what about a good pirate tale:)
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image

JacquelineM
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:52 pm Post

gr wrote:
JacquelineM wrote:Then, when I received it I couldn’t sleep for wondering . . . and pondering how to write about an intern researching a hit and run accident without mentioning or disclosing any details!

These are the wildest sort of challenges in the NIAD! I once had a case where a woman had called in saying she had crucial info on a case and my scene was supposed to be her being interviewed by the police, but I had no info about the substance of what she had to report! OMG that had me running and jumping through some hoops!

OMG indeed! I’d love to read your chapter for that one, GR.

Unless you’ve actually participated in NiaD it’s impossible to imagine the level of stress and confusion when the email arrives after midnight. :D

JacquelineM
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:09 pm Post

Yay!

I worked out how to add the 2020 cup to my signature!

Phew! :)

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:57 pm Post

JacquelineM wrote:Unless you’ve actually participated in NiaD it’s impossible to imagine the level of stress and confusion when the email arrives after midnight. :D

Yup, it’s a tough day!! Hopefully the kind of challenge we find fun, though!
But yeah, I hear you. The before/after NiaD photos of my wrinkles and hair line aren’t pretty. Although that could also be because it’s been ten years. :D

I think this year’s story was the toughest on participants yet! The next one’ll be easier. Maybe. Who knows?!
homeport wrote:Thank you so much and for all the hard work you have put in to make these events especially this year so much fun.
I will put in my thoughts on next year now just get ahead of all the suggestions you will have but what about a good pirate tale:)
You’re welcome! Hmmm pirates! Robot space pirates! Robot space pirates with faulty programming that makes them...

No, it’s too early! I must resist! :D
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:51 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Robot space pirates! Robot space pirates with faulty programming that makes them...

Count me in! :D
ImageImage

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

homeport

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:12 pm Post

pigfender wrote:
JacquelineM wrote:Unless you’ve actually participated in NiaD it’s impossible to imagine the level of stress and confusion when the email arrives after midnight. :D

Yup, it’s a tough day!! Hopefully the kind of challenge we find fun, though!
But yeah, I hear you. The before/after NiaD photos of my wrinkles and hair line aren’t pretty. Although that could also be because it’s been ten years. :D

I think this year’s story was the toughest on participants yet! The next one’ll be easier. Maybe. Who knows?!
homeport wrote:Thank you so much and for all the hard work you have put in to make these events especially this year so much fun.
You’re welcome! Hmmm pirates! Robot space pirates! Robot space pirates with faulty programming that makes them...

No, it’s too early! I must resist! :D

Lol something to mull over space pirates YESSS
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:06 am Post

Hey, with a robot space pirate protagonist I won’t have to fret about my character’s motivation.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:33 pm Post

gr wrote:Hey, with a robot space pirate protagonist I won’t have to fret about my character’s motivation.

Why everyone seems to think AI's are going to be bland and benevolent escapes me. They'll be as equally fubar as we are - only with less restraint and more processing power... especially space pirate robots! :twisted:
ImageImage

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

homeport

Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:47 pm Post

gr wrote:Hey, with a robot space pirate protagonist I won’t have to fret about my character’s motivation.

I can see that we have hit a possible subject for the next book:)