NiaD X

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:49 pm Post

Shadowspawn wrote:Getting down to reading,!

One more newbie question: the colors - are they different only in who wrote or also some parts of the script were different?
They're just written by different people. So if, for example, you wrote chapter 10 in book Yellow, the people who wrote Chapter 10 in the other books will have done so with exactly the same brief as you!
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

thegirlclaudia
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:51 pm Post

Humongous thanks Piggy. I opened up a new world that I daren't venture before. I was apprehensive of the topic at first since law isn’t my strong suit, but a bit of research, a random documentary on cyber crime in high places and a nap helped.

And waiting for gr to wave his bespoke NiaD magic wand.
Last edited by thegirlclaudia on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

katlovergilpin

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:00 am Post

Thank you, Pigfender! You are absolutely amazing and hope to do this again next year!
Thank you everyone for the fun. I love reading everyone’s fun stories and it truly is a delight working with everyone!

Cheers!
ImageImage

tanyareed
Platform: Windows

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:02 am Post

Hey! I'm not seeing my chapter in the finished stories. I sent it out about an hour before the deadline. Did it not arrive? I didn't get any bounced notifications or anything. I'm kind of bummed since I worked on it for hours today. I even had a power outage and was afraid I wouldn't be able to send it, but I was excited when the power came back on just in time.

I know there's nothing that can be done about it now, but I'm sad it didn't make it in.

Evil Overlord

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:50 am Post

pigfender wrote:
Shadowspawn wrote:Getting down to reading,!

One more newbie question: the colors - are they different only in who wrote or also some parts of the script were different?
They're just written by different people. So if, for example, you wrote chapter 10 in book Yellow, the people who wrote Chapter 10 in the other books will have done so with exactly the same brief as you!

That's my favorite thing about this - finding out what other people did with same brief.

Ve
Velviit
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:58 am Post

[url][/url]Image

Evil Overlord

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:04 am Post

It's only on re-reading the final version that I realized a) typos, and b) I have three different characters with very similar names that aren't typos. Oops.

thegirlclaudia

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:41 am Post

tanyareed wrote:Hey! I'm not seeing my chapter in the finished stories. I sent it out about an hour before the deadline. Did it not arrive? I didn't get any bounced notifications or anything. I'm kind of bummed since I worked on it for hours today. I even had a power outage and was afraid I wouldn't be able to send it, but I was excited when the power came back on just in time.

I know there's nothing that can be done about it now, but I'm sad it didn't make it in.

:shock: I'm so sorry to hear that Tanya. Usually if Rog has received your work, he sends an acknowledgement...

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:00 am Post

Okay, now where do I go to read the Review-in-a-Day (NIADRIAD)? You know, where reviewers from all over the world -- each of whom reviews every version of but a single chapter -- collectively review a whole NIAD novel in a day?
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

homeport

Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:47 am Post

Thank you Rog was lovely to also see the dedication at front of book
It has been another fun day and I look forward to settling down to read them later
All your hard work is much appreciated
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image

homeport

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:56 am Post

tanyareed wrote:Hey! I'm not seeing my chapter in the finished stories. I sent it out about an hour before the deadline. Did it not arrive? I didn't get any bounced notifications or anything. I'm kind of bummed since I worked on it for hours today. I even had a power outage and was afraid I wouldn't be able to send it, but I was excited when the power came back on just in time.

Have you checked your chapter in each book in case name is down wrong maybe?
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image

tanyareed

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:05 am Post

thegirlclaudia wrote: :shock: I'm so sorry to hear that Tanya. Usually if Rog has received your work, he sends an acknowledgement...

The poor thing probably got lost in the interwebs somewhere. That's the kind of day I was having yesterday. While I was working on my chapter, first my keyboard went nuts and then died (luckily, I had a spare, but it took over a half an hour to figure out why my computer was doing random things without me pressing anything) and I had a power outage that lasted for an hour. I guess the universe was angry at me for some reason. I probably should have checked at the deadline when I hadn't heard from him.

Ma
Maelduin

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:11 am Post

Major sympathy, that's such a pain in the ass, for the internet demons to snatch away your chapter in mid-flight. You absolutely certain? Have you searched all four PDFs for a phrase from your chapter?

Ma
Maelduin

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:14 am Post

I wonder would it be too great a technical challenge to do a Graphic Novel In A Day some year.

tanyareed

Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:26 am Post

Maelduin wrote:Major sympathy, that's such a pain in the ass, for the internet demons to snatch away your chapter in mid-flight. You absolutely certain? Have you searched all four PDFs for a phrase from your chapter?

Nope. Not there. Technology is great when it works...but sucks when it doesn't. LOL Ah, well, there's always next time.