NiaD X

Sh
Shadowspawn
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:18 pm Post

I wonder how many different iterations of "representatives of the Comptroller's office" did Mr. Cole meet over the course of the novel? :mrgreen:

Hope less than 66...

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:18 pm Post

Daurmith wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
Daurmith wrote: The frogs called, by the way. They say the dolphins stole their laser death ray.

The dolphins are making good use of of the death ray. Mostly for uninvited guests (lion fish, tiger shrimp and the like) and to make it faster to serve 12 course meals (if you ever get invited to a dolphin dinner, show up hungry).

I hope they don't have a book called "To Serve Man". But if they do, I propose we go potluck!

Squeeeekikkikgrrrrsqueee (you may recall him from page 4 or so) has repeatedly stated that the current state of humans is such that the meat is too fatty or too lean, too often contaminated with "unnatural substances" and in many ways distasteful. "And to that end, we find that your kind is easy to manipulate into doing that hard work of catching fish, crabs and shrimp for us, making it much more advantageous to not eat you."

Squeeeekikkikgrrrrsqueee did continue with, "Now orcas on the other hand... they are NOT happy with the way humans have done things of late, and will likely hold that grudge for some time. I highly recommend you avoid them. And pass the flounder you caught this way please."
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

scrapsandsass

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:25 pm Post

I'm tired but eager to read how it all comes together. This year I had difficulty because the characters in my brief were all competing to tell it from their point of view. The character descriptions really allowed me to visualize everyone and instantly have too many separate ideas about their stories. :shock: :D

As always, it was great fun. I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into this project and thank you for allowing me to play along.
Kimberlee
Scraps & Sass
ImageImage

ianhart
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:28 pm Post

Now I'm anxious to see whether Otis Johnson makes it to President with Angela Bennett his pick for VP and Tom Bennett his FLOTUS. Or maybe that's not the point of the story... or the genre... Never mind, I'll get my X badge and that's all that matters.

Thanks Rog for another enervating Saturday.
Ian
There's holes in the sky where the rain gets in
But they're ever so small. That's why rain's so thin.
- Spike Milligan

ImageImage

pacifika

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:02 pm Post

I still need to add last years cup to my signature. So now I can do them both at the same time. Once I find them.
At least I'm hoping my section was received.

Sh
Shadowspawn

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:16 pm Post

ianhart wrote:Now I'm anxious to see whether Otis Johnson makes it to President with Angela Bennett his pick for VP and Tom Bennett his FLOTUS. Or maybe that's not the point of the story... or the genre... Never mind, I'll get my X badge and that's all that matters.

Thanks Rog for another enervating Saturday.

The first black gay president! In your face, Barack!

r6d2

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:35 pm Post

Uf! Barely made it this year. Real-life stuff made it really hard! :shock:

I think I managed to send a little more than 1500 words. But I'd rather do that than poke a hole in this year's NiaD. :roll:
r6d2

Beware of realism when writing. Avoid the usual zoo inhabitants. Summon the unicorns and the tritons, and give them reality!
--Julio Cortázar

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:59 pm Post

All books are compiled! Just uploading now!
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

mi
mishmhem

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:04 pm Post

pigfender wrote:All books are compiled! Just uploading now!

*rubs hands with glee* THANK YOU!!!!

pacifika

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:19 pm Post

Woohoo!!!! Thank you, Piggy!!! :D

na
naquada
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 pm Post

Snort!! I’m so excited... literally it’s the only thing keeping me awake!!!! :D
Associate of The Inner Magic Circle

Camy

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:22 pm Post

Wowsa! :D
Love your new icon, too!
ImageImage

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

Sh
Shadowspawn

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:28 pm Post

Looking forward to reading!

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:35 pm Post

THERE IS A NEW BOOK IN THE LIBRARY!

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28582

Huge thanks to everyone who took part in today's Novel in a Day. I had a blast talking to you all throughout the day. I hope you had awesome fun. Thanks, as always, to the lovely folks at LL for hosting us on their forum, and of course for producing Scrivener without which an event as completely ridiculous as Novel in a Day simply would not be imaginable!

As always, I'd love to hear your feedback! Comments on the event in this thread, and on the book in the book specific thread (which if you've not already found, can be hunted down in that library link, above).

And, of course, a final shout out to Vic and Montree - good friends, sorely missed.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Sh
Shadowspawn

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:45 pm Post

Getting down to reading,!

One more newbie question: the colors - are they different only in who wrote or also some parts of the script were different?