NiaD X

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:17 pm Post

Evil Overlord wrote:Done! The benefit of being in this time zone is that I have lots of time to mull my concept. The drawback is that I have to start writing as soon as I wake up.

This year's genre was ... my spouse's favorite. One of these days, I swear the story will be about something I know about (and will have no excuse for getting badly wrong). Some day.

There can’t be that many genres left! :D
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Ma
Matt Jardine
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:29 pm Post

Chapter sent.

And so to the bath...

RonjoI
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:32 pm Post

My chapter is as done as it will ever be. Submitted to the master monkey, ready for assembly. I am looking forward to the last of the five stages of NIAID, a little nap.

Evil Overlord

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:36 pm Post

pigfender wrote:There can’t be that many genres left! :D

I didn't claim to know about very much...

go
gothcabbage

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:46 pm Post

I was really concerned when I started this one that I would struggle to find things to say in my chapter. There's quite a lot of specifc detail I wanted to get halfway right, with the danger that it overtakes the business of telling an interesting story! But as before I found that eventually I can sit down and spew out words, and a reasonably complete first draft has been done. Now I've "just" got to edit it. I have a little unnecessary (for the main plot) substory for colour that I have to decide whether I have time to include...

na
naquada

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:47 pm Post

I'm running first phase editing!!! I seriously don't know if I've done a good job or not!!!!
Associate of The Inner Magic Circle

homeport

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:51 pm Post

Sent my chapter its under 2000 words but I do know more about supreme court and procurement :D Thank you Rog it was as always fun to take part
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image

Ce
CeramicFairy

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:59 pm Post

Yay! Done!
Wine.

Those still writing, you've got this. Those finished, raise a glass with me.

mi
mishmhem

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:00 pm Post

I think I'm done - I'm going to grab a bite to eat and do a final read through... wow.

katlovergilpin

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:15 pm Post

Done and submitted. I have no idea why I struggled with this one. I should know a little bit more about this from all the crime shows I watch, but sadly, all that knowledge escaped me when I stared at the blank white page (or rather cream since I wrote it on my iPad). The urge to have one of my characters scream, “you can’t handle the truth” was there, but I decided against it after mulling it over. :D
ImageImage

homeport

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:28 pm Post

I found this one difficult spent lot of time trying to get head around some kind of outline knowledge to give me a fighting chance of making sense :(
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image

na
naquada

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:29 pm Post

Done and sent back.. YAY!!!! although maybe not YAY once it's been read but hey!!!!

Edited down to 3019 words from about 4,000...

I'm fairly happy with it... (ish!!!)
Associate of The Inner Magic Circle

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:53 pm Post

pigfender wrote:The honest answer is that I'm intimidated by the sheer amount of world building required to do fantasy well,,,

That said, thank you for the amount of background preliminary research you've provided this year on various matters that might otherwise be difficult to scare up in time!
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:58 pm Post

Evil Overlord wrote:
pigfender wrote:There can’t be that many genres left! :D

I didn't claim to know about very much...

I'm pretty sure none of us knows very much about everything. But most of us know a lot about a little. We just need to get the son of baconator to broaden his base of knowledge.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Ca
Catrad

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:02 pm Post

Newbie here. That was fun. Can't wait to see how they all fit together! And if we managed to make contract law fun at all.