Novel-in-a-Day 9

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:27 pm Post

Fluff wrote:
Jaysen wrote:pigfender wrote:
for the first time, created a rough mock cover to aid the whole inspiration process!

Piggy, you don't need to make fun of your cover... Vic-k and I can do that for you!

Young Master Jaysen, Pangur is proffering the thesis that, if Vic-k has actually read that, he’d probably see it as piglet assuming a fake identity, i.e. The Marquis de Sade, or Belinda Balloons, the Chancellor of Stockport’s BDSM Academy. Or some other worthy inspirational literary figure of note.
Take care
Fluff

Fluff, I won't say "you're wrong". And, infact, Pangure AND Mr K may be correct as well. Mr Bacon is very unpredictable as we approach the onset of NiaD.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Fluff
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:51 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:pproach the onset of NiaD.

Young Master Jaysen, Those words have an unnervingly ominous ring to them :shock:
If we look back through the swirling mists of history, we read of the onset of 'War; plague; famine, and the glaringly obvious Brexit debacle.
Choose ones words wisely, young Master Jaysen.
Fluff
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

Jaysen

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:03 pm Post

Fluff wrote:
Jaysen wrote:pproach the onset of NiaD.

Young Master Jaysen, Those words have an unnervingly ominous ring to them :shock:
If we look back through the swirling mists of history, we read of the onset of 'War; plague; famine, and the glaringly obvious Brexit debacle.
Choose ones words wisely, young Master Jaysen.
Fluff

Dear Fluffiest,

I did! If one considers the difference in efforts between the drunken participants and the and drunken organizer, one can only use the word "onset". Consider that he not only plans but he reviews the results. Which means he's reading at least one rum soaked version that must be likened to battle, or fending off starvation, or dealing with politicians.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Fluff

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:13 pm Post

Jaysen wrote: must be likened to battle, or fending off starvation, or dealing with politicians.

Young Master Jaysen,
you've omitted the onset of plagiarism , as in plagueiarism.
Fluff
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

JacquelineM
Platform: Win + iOS

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:15 pm Post

Hi!
I want to participate again!
It's stressful but fun!

gr

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 pm Post

pigfender wrote:For anyone who is interested, I now know the genre, basic story structure and plot elements (up to Step 4 on the Patented* Pigfender Story Development Framework, for those familiar with such things).

My wife and I are working up to our annual bet on genre! Because I’ve sussed you are planning to throw us for a loop this year, I am adding in an outsmarter to my decision matrix. See, I figure this time I should figure to pick something I would never figure to pick. Only problem is now my decider is turning up nil. Go figure! Notwithstanding, I continue undaunted.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:46 am Post

Jaysen wrote:You may need to reschedule this for a week or two later :P
I quit.
JacquelineM wrote:Hi!
I want to participate again!
It's stressful but fun!
Yay! Welcome back!
FOUR MORE PARTICIPANTS NEEDED or we'll cancel and make everyone sad. :cry:

Encourage your friends and casual associates to take part! Buy a tshirt and wear it in public. Don't forget to tell everyone who asks you about your cool tshirt* how you earned it!

* - this tends to happen to me in bookshops, which is another thing that the kindle store can't replicate.

Also -- apparently travel mugs are a thing now. Should we make those available?
gr wrote:My wife and I are working up to our annual bet on genre! Because I’ve sussed you are planning to throw us for a loop this year, I am adding in an outsmarter to my decision matrix. See, I figure this time I should figure to pick something I would never figure to pick. Only problem is now my decider is turning up nil. Go figure! Notwithstanding, I continue undaunted.
If it's any help, I personally guarantee that this year's genre will be either be people's favourite genre ever or their least favourite or somewhere between the two!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:44 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Jaysen wrote:
You may need to reschedule this for a week or two later
I quit.

That's not fair! I just ordered more RUM! and paid for overnight delivery...
Jaysen

Cd
Cdelaine
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 pm Post

I would like to participate!

pigfender

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 am Post

Cdelaine wrote:I would like to participate!

Hi Cdelaine! Great! I’ve sent you a private forum message with the next steps!
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Mo
Monadica
Platform: Mac

Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 pm Post

I haven't done a NIAD before, but I hear great things. I'm definitely interested!

St
StephH

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 am Post

I'm interested in participating!

pigfender

Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:32 pm Post

Monadica, StephH, welcome to the forum! I've sent you a private forum message with the next steps!

sa
sameagleusa

Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:47 pm Post

I’d like to contribute again! Thanks for organizing/plotting! :D

pigfender

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 am Post

sameagleusa wrote:I’d like to contribute again! Thanks for organizing/plotting! :D

Excellent! Great to have you back!