Novel-in-a-Day 9

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2734
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:37 am Post

Well, that's a long enough day for me. I usually stay up for a bit after the book goes live so that Pete and Nom can point out to me that I've accidentally put multiple chapter 8s in the same book or put a glaring typo on the cover of every single version. Since none of you are doing that, I'm going to assume it's safe for me to slip off and try to remember what sleep is. I'm pretty sure it'll come back to me fairly quickly.

Before I head off, though, I want to say a huge thank you to all of you for taking part in this - the biggest Novel in a Day ever! Every year you've knocked me sideways with the quality of what you produce and how you take the story in directions that wouldn't occur to me in a lifetime of invite monkeys.

Special thanks, of course, are due to Keith and the LL team for hosting the event again, and letting us mess up their nice clean forum for a bit. Mostly, though, I have to thank them for Scrivener, which makes planning, running and compiling all this stuff not only possible, but actually pleasurable!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

Cl
ClaireWoodier
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:20 pm
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 am Post

Thank you dearest Piggasaurus.. another blinder of an event.. :D

User avatar
Daurmith
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:18 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Valencia, Spain
Contact:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:20 am Post

Thank you so very much, Rog! I had a blast, again, thanks to you. I haven't read the books yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it. Thank you all of you talented beings writing and suffering along!
Image

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2734
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 am Post

For those that like to share links, etc, with chums... the novelinaday page has now been updated. So you can either direct people to novelinaday.com for the main landing page, or go directly to novelinaday.com/butterfly-dawn for the book itself!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2734
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 am Post

And.. for those that like to listen to music while they read... here's a link to the playlist I used while I was planning.
Butterfly Dawn Spotify Playlist
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

Ev
Evil Overlord
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:05 pm
Platform: Windows

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:03 pm Post

As feared, I forgot to send the chapter after letting it simmer while I slept. Had to call my spouse and navigate them into my e-mail folders when Google refused to let me send by phone. At least I'd set up a draft e-mail ready to go, and go the thing in on time. One more busy day and then I get the read the result of our genius this evening.
Image

User avatar
thegirlclaudia
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:08 pm
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Well, that's a long enough day for me. I usually stay up for a bit after the book goes live so that Pete and Nom can point out to me that I've accidentally put multiple chapter 8s in the same book or put a glaring typo on the cover of every single version. Since none of you are doing that, I'm going to assume it's safe for me to slip off and try to remember what sleep is. I'm pretty sure it'll come back to me fairly quickly.

Before I head off, though, I want to say a huge thank you to all of you for taking part in this - the biggest Novel in a Day ever! Every year you've knocked me sideways with the quality of what you produce and how you take the story in directions that wouldn't occur to me in a lifetime of invite monkeys.

Special thanks, of course, are due to Keith and the LL team for hosting the event again, and letting us mess up their nice clean forum for a bit. Mostly, though, I have to thank them for Scrivener, which makes planning, running and compiling all this stuff not only possible, but actually pleasurable!


Thank you pigfender, this was the most fun! You give the best prompts.
P.S. My "boyfriend" still has no clue that my chapter is all about his fav hobby...
Image

User avatar
gr
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Florida

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:26 pm Post

thegirlclaudia wrote:P.S. My "boyfriend" still has no clue that my chapter is all about his fav hobby...


Um, bloodsucking? :shock:
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
Image
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

User avatar
Camy
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Wales

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:41 pm Post

gr wrote:
thegirlclaudia wrote:P.S. My "boyfriend" still has no clue that my chapter is all about his fav hobby...


Um, bloodsucking? :shock:


Oh, you're so judgemental! :twisted:
Image

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

User avatar
thegirlclaudia
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:08 pm
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:50 pm Post

gr wrote:
thegirlclaudia wrote:P.S. My "boyfriend" still has no clue that my chapter is all about his fav hobby...


Um, bloodsucking? :shock:


*laughcry*
Image

User avatar
thegirlclaudia
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:08 pm
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:54 pm Post

Camy wrote:
gr wrote:
thegirlclaudia wrote:P.S. My "boyfriend" still has no clue that my chapter is all about his fav hobby...


Um, bloodsucking? :shock:


Oh, you're so judgemental! :twisted:


Well, at his job, he's sat on a toilet, been hit by a ball, dropped a tool that took a TV station off, mounted a satnav on his car amid a wild sandstorm, sang karaoke while being self-conscious of his terrible voice, traveled to 2020 to meet his colleague (in some peculiar way) ... all the while being filmed or recorded in some other fashion. So.
Image

User avatar
Camy
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:42 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Wales

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 pm Post

thegirlclaudia wrote:
Well, at his job, he's sat on a toilet, been hit by a ball, dropped a tool that took a TV station off, mounted a satnav on his car amid a wild sandstorm, sang karaoke while being self-conscious of his terrible voice, traveled to 2020 to meet his colleague (in some peculiar way) ... all the while being filmed or recorded in some other fashion. So.

Ha! Having done the karaoke thing, I entirely understand :D
Image

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

User avatar
homeport
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:55 pm
Platform: Mac

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Well, that's a long enough day for me. I usually stay up for a bit after the book goes live so that Pete and Nom can point out to me that I've accidentally put multiple chapter 8s in the same book or put a glaring typo on the cover of every single version. Since none of you are doing that, I'm going to assume it's safe for me to slip off and try to remember what sleep is. I'm pretty sure it'll come back to me fairly quickly.

Before I head off, though, I want to say a huge thank you to all of you for taking part in this - the biggest Novel in a Day ever! Every year you've knocked me sideways with the quality of what you produce and how you take the story in directions that wouldn't occur to me in a lifetime of invite monkeys.

Special thanks, of course, are due to Keith and the LL team for hosting the event again, and letting us mess up their nice clean forum for a bit. Mostly, though, I have to thank them for Scrivener, which makes planning, running and compiling all this stuff not only possible, but actually pleasurable!


Was an awesome day and really appreciate all the work that you put into making it happen. I am not sure why but I am either away and doing it on my iPad balanced on lap or just back from a huge time difference, day before this year and eight hours difference, plus also after two major surgeries on knees :roll: However I would not change this day for anything, to be a part of a group of people that enjoy writing, sharing an experience that is so unique to this forum. Thank you again pigfender.
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Image

ha
hallda01
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:36 pm Post

Thanks again to the piggie for making this happen again. Sorry in advance for turning my table setting chapter into a novel unto itself :-P
Image

User avatar
gr
Posts: 2110
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Florida

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:30 am Post

By my calculation there are 229,582,512 distinct versions of Butterfly Dawn.

Making its underlying story an instant world classic -- a tale humanity has told and retold so many times.... Zoe is probably right up there with Jesus. Pigfender, see what you have wrought!
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
Image
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin