gr wrote:thegirlclaudia wrote:gr wrote:
Now, children, just do your homework assignment and don’t complain. I’m sure your teacher had a very good reason for assigning you those 229,582,512 novels. You can have your pudding when you’re finished with that.
Only a supply teacher like my "boyfriend" can think of something like that. Might want to show this to him some day; he loves maths to bits.
The “boyfriend” teaches supplies? Or about supplies? Or about “supplies”? I mean, we know from previous that he works hard to earn his quote marks, but why do none of these sound like an actual job one could have. Perhaps those scare quotes go deeper than we ever imagined.
The air quotes is because in real life I am famous for whining about not having a boyfriend which honestly I've never had in my whole life — not even a first — and I've been wishing he's my boyfriend for almost a decade but he's not and I literally died Googling him but after a twist of fate in which we connected on a professional level I kept pushing him away so that he wouldn't suspect me of scouring all over the Internet including the WayBack Archive for traces of him. I do have a baby crush on the real broadcast journalist who sometimes stands in for his colleague's show when that colleague's away, hence "supply (=substitute) teacher"; he actually said "I'm your supply teacher today" in the introduction of one of those very shows. Now you can imagine how he time-traveled to 2020 and caught up with his colleague; the magic of multimedia wrangling. A scary writer's confession indeed. Now, is the writer scarier or the confession?
No, wait. Maybe the journalist aka "boyfriend" himself is the scariest, since he enjoys playing devil's advocate to his guests, and peradventure suck their blood while the camera's not looking.
Quick recap on said "boyfriend":
- he is a broadcast journalist
- my chapter is all about his fav hobby
- at his job, he's sat on a toilet, been hit by a ball, dropped a tool that took a TV station off, mounted a satnav on his car amid a wild sandstorm, sang karaoke while being self-conscious of his terrible voice, traveled to 2020 to meet his colleague (in some peculiar way) ... all the while being filmed or recorded in some other fashion (this would have hinted at a career in broadcast media)
- he loves maths to bits
- he doesn't know this forum exists (unless he stalks me back)
- he's snowed under
- he's influenced my contrib to NiaD 9
- he doesn't know I'm his secret admirer for almost a decade