Novel-in-a-Day 9

VDGriesdoorn
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:53 am Post

Of course I'm researching French morgues at 8:30 am in the morning...

I love NIAD!

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:42 am Post

Ok, not that any of you will care but I've figured out what caused the problem with the unreadable column in the briefing pack table...

It's completely visible in MacOS Dark Mode (which I'm running) but invisible in Light Mode.
Strangely appropriate, but irritating none-the-less. Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused and if you are still having trouble reading it, let me know and I'll copy and paste the text into an email for you!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Daurmith

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:54 am Post

gr wrote:It is a dark and stormy night here. The wind howls and rattles at our windows. Or maybe it is as still as pitch and a lone train whistle can be heard in the distance. How am I supposed to think with all these distractions? Perhaps I should go down to the basement where it is silent and dark and snug and write by the illumination of my screen.

Unrelated 'cause it's a lovely, warm, sunny day here and I'm trying to get in the mood by way of listening to Bohren & Der Club of Gore (unsuccessfully so far) but I have to say — your signature is great! How'd you do it, and can I get one too?

Cl
ClaireWoodier

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 am Post

Hellooo - am I to assume that vampires are freakishly strong?

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:09 am Post

After clarification of a couple of background plot details with Pigfender, I have to scrap all of the 1200 words that I have written so far, and start again. All I can rescue is 100 words of inner musing. To think that I had hoped to finish at lunch time! :-(
Literature & Latte support team

Daurmith

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:18 am Post

ClaireWoodier wrote:Hellooo - am I to assume that vampires are freakishly strong?

"Slightly stronger-than-human strength" is the wisdom I've received.

homeport

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 am Post

pigfender wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Anyone else complain of all the tables being black on black?

HELLO! FOR SOME REASON, SOME PEOPLE ARE REPORTING THE TABLE FOR THEIR BRIEF SHOWING AS BLACK ON BLACK. I SUSPECT THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH HOW YOUR RTF READER IS PARSING THE TABLE.

IF THIS IS AFFECTING YOU, PLEASE TRY OPENING YOU BRIEF IN ANOTHER APP. IF YOU STILL AHVE PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW AND I'LL EMAIL YOU A READABLE COPY.

Yes have tried still cannot read sorry any chance of another copy thank you
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

pigfender

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 am Post

homeport wrote:Yes have tried still cannot read sorry any chance of another copy thank you

Sent!
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

pigfender

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am Post

We've had the first chapter in, by the way! (it actually came in an hour ago, but I've been answering questions!)

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:07 am Post

pigfender wrote:We've had the first chapter in, by the way! (it actually came in an hour ago, but I've been answering questions!)

Grumble-grumble-grumble
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

homeport

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:10 am Post

pigfender wrote:Ok, not that any of you will care but I've figured out what caused the problem with the unreadable column in the briefing pack table...

It's completely visible in MacOS Dark Mode (which I'm running) but invisible in Light Mode.
Strangely appropriate, but irritating none-the-less. Please accept my apologies for any confusion caused and if you are still having trouble reading it, let me know and I'll copy and paste the text into an email for you!

Thats interesting I printed first from my phone which has dark mode and that did not work not updated my mac which I am using today thought would wait until after,.

Not your fault pigfender we are eternally grateful to you for the hard work you put into this every year for us.
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

homeport

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:11 am Post

pigfender wrote:
homeport wrote:Yes have tried still cannot read sorry any chance of another copy thank you

Sent!

Thank you :D

pe
pete340

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:24 am Post

pigfender wrote:Ok, not that any of you will care but I've figured out what caused the problem with the unreadable column in the briefing pack table...

Thanks for figuring this out. We care.
-- Pete Image

Cl
ClaireWoodier

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:49 am Post

Ohhhh just had a thought.. can Vampires go out in the day? *Clenches everything in fear*

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:54 am Post

The cat, who I love dearly, and who is incredibly miffed I'm not giving her enough attention, has decided to come on heat.
So I have her yowling in one ear, and her-indoors laughing in the other. Also, it's cold, bleak and drizzling.
If this is method writing, I'm not keen.
Last edited by Camy on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple