[will there be a...] NiAD 2019**

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:13 pm Post

I suspect
Jaysen wrote:Let us begin our derailing of the NiaD thread with the usual...

may have contributed to the decision
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:24 pm Post

pigfender wrote:I suspect
Jaysen wrote:Let us begin our derailing of the NiaD thread with the usual...

may have contributed to the decision

Just me being me! And you know I'm perfectly OK being told "go over there while the grown ups talk".

Very happy to see another NiaD coming. Mrs is putting in the order for rum as I type.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:52 am Post

Jaysen wrote:Relegated to time out once again :evil:

Yeah, it’s fun down here!! Are those bugs? And what’s that? Is that a mouse trap?
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

Jaysen

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:22 am Post

gr wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Relegated to time out once again :evil:

Yeah, it’s fun down here!! Are those bugs? And what’s that? Is that a mouse trap?

WHY ARE YOU TRAPPING MY MOUSE? I need it to click on things...

It's more fun when we can Vic-k to come out and play....
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 am Post

Jaysen wrote:It's more fun when we can Vic-k to come out and play....

Calling for reinforcements so soon?

Hey, that gives me a whole new idea of what that rodent trap is for.

nom

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 pm Post

<nom sits quietly in the corner watching the mice play>
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Jaysen

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:44 pm Post

Is vic-k a reinforcement or an entire circus of fun? And if he IS the circus then we can all get ring side seats!
Jaysen

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:31 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Is vic-k a reinforcement :shock:

Rain for cement?!!! Wot friggin twaddle! :evil: If anything, I'm the life giving, nurturing rain, gently falling upon the classic beautiful English county garden.

Cement my pfffffftt!! :evil:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Fluff

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:48 pm Post

gr wrote:
Jaysen wrote:It's more fun when we can Vic-k to come out and play....

Calling for reinforcements so soon?

Hey, that gives me a whole new idea of what that rodent trap is for.

Dear grrr grrr,
Pangur is mithering me to advise you to be careful you don't put your foot in it. He can be very caring and kind ... some times.
Fluff
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

gr

Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 am Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Is vic-k a reinforcement :shock:

Cement my pfffffftt!! :evil:

But surely the reinforcement is the rebar, not the cement. You oughtn’t reject that out of hand. No, siree. Just think of it. That could be you! Sturdy iron to pulverized stone. Rock, paper, scissors, rebar? It’s a no-brainer! Now, all you have to do is just sign this little release form... Just a formality, you understand.

Jaysen

Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:50 am Post

I missed you vic-k.

You're Rein-for-Cement is really more about how well you organized the protesters. Aren't you the guiding force on the cement sidewalk? We are just looking to see that you are recognized as the "force that runs the heads" of those passing by.

The real question is are they looking in support or in horror? :P
Jaysen

vic-k

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm Post

gr wrote:
But surely the reinforcement is the rebar, not the cement. You oughtn’t reject that out of hand. No, siree. Just think of it. That could be you! Sturdy iron to pulverized stone. Rock, paper, scissors, rebar? It’s a no-brainer! Now, all you have to do is just sign this little release form... Just a formality, you understand.

Eschewing the semantic duelling, I will, as a HAW of renown/acclaim, admit to a familiarity with the aforementioned rebar, but not however, in a constructional sense, but in a sculptural one. As in https://www.pinterest.co.uk/cookieward/ ... ement-bar/

Just as welder/sculptor Arthur Dooley put his welding skills to sculptural endeavours, as in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3SxOzuc8U several of my former colleagues and I, were prone, at times of mind numbing piece-work boredom, to gather up scrap metal, and turn it into items of profoundly beautiful, uniquely thought provoking and inspirational pieces of sculpture. It’s impossible to recall exactly how many passing by our welding booths would stop, and beseech of us, “What the f***in’ ‘ell is that!?.

However, a friend did once turn up at home with a small bundle of rebar, for me to make him a rack and stand, to house biggish plant pots in his garden. Because of its very basic, and business like shape and function, I’d hesitate to call it sculpturesque. I wouldn’t, but there could be those who would.
Which brings us to Jaysen's post:

Jaysen Wrote:
You're Rein-for-Cement is really more about how well you organized the protesters. Aren't you the guiding force on the cement sidewalk? We are just looking to see that you are recognized as the "force that runs the heads" of those passing by.
The real question is are they looking in support or in horror? 

As for the protesters on the picket line, Jaysen, over the years members have come and gone. I’m not too sure as to whether or not we have good proportion of exhibitionists amongst us now. Maybe it’s time to hang up ones KiWCS ... what d’ you think?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 pm Post

vic-k wrote:what d’ you think?
That's always a bad idea...

vic-k wrote: Maybe it’s time to hang up ones KiWCS ...
I don't know about your part of the world, but over here you're likely to get into trouble if all you've got is a KiWCS... so hanging it up will certainly get you in trouble with the authorities. But at your age, that may be desirable as you're likely to get a sympathetic ear from a jury of pears (meaning they can't hear the proceeding, and even if they do they are thinking "I wish I had the testicals to do that... but they just hang too low" so no one will find you guilty).

I told you it was a bad idea.
Jaysen

vic-k

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:13 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
vic-k wrote:what d’ you think?
That's always a bad idea...
.... as you're likely to get a sympathetic ear from a jury of pears......
I told you it was a bad idea.

You really are pushing it to the limit, Numpty. If gr gets hold of that It'll be no end of stuff like ," Sympathetic ear, because pears don't have ears, or "Is that:
pears or peers
pairs or piers
hairs or heirs
bears or biers , and on and on, bloody ad nauseam !
Y' really should be more careful.
TAKE CARE!!!
Vic

gr

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:19 am Post

Funny that, and there I was just about to crank up the old linguistic hijinker.