[will there be a...] NiAD 2019**

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:36 pm Post

nom wrote:
pigfender wrote:Umm... dunno. Let me talk to some people and figure some stuff out.
pacifika wrote: Is there a way I can assist?

Spread the word amongst author friends / other writing communities and create an overwhelming and un-ignorable demand!

You do realise that both Jaysen and vic-k are going to see that comment? Talk about “overwhelming” and “un-ignorable demand”... :roll:

Challenge accepted!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:44 pm Post

If you want to line up ducks, you need a mother duck. Setting a target date as soon as may be would probably help. <nudge>
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:19 pm Post

That presumes I want you to succeed! :wink:
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm Post

pigfender wrote:That presumes I want you to succeed! :wink:

That's a very crude reply! However, just what kind of seeds do you want gr to suck?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 pm Post

vic-k wrote:

That's a very crude reply! However, just what kind of seeds do you want gr to suck?

Or are you concerned about your succession and hoping to line up GR …

:D

Mr X
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.2, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 13.3, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:32 am Post

xiamenese wrote:

Or are you concerned about your succession .…

I see what you did there.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

pacifika
Platform: Windows

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:46 pm Post

nom wrote:
pacifika wrote:
pigfender wrote:Umm... dunno. Let me talk to some people and figure some stuff out.

Spread the word amongst author friends / other writing communities and create an overwhelming and un-ignorable demand!

LOL is there a tentative date that I can share? Like even something as general as This fall! Or Next Spring!

It’s usually October-ish, so if we’re to build an overwhelming and un-ignorable demand (without the, er, “ help” of vic-k & Jaysen) that would be a good time-frame to circulate.

Excellent!!! Thank you. :D Any particular link I should share? Or shall I just share this particular thread link?
And you guys are good with me giving some brief info? Something more than just "Write a novel in a day" as that sounds a bit intimidating. :shock:

pacifika

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:50 pm Post

pacifika wrote:
nom wrote:
pacifika wrote:LOL is there a tentative date that I can share? Like even something as general as This fall! Or Next Spring!

It’s usually October-ish, so if we’re to build an overwhelming and un-ignorable demand (without the, er, “ help” of vic-k & Jaysen) that would be a good time-frame to circulate.

Excellent!!! Thank you. :D Any particular link I should share? Or shall I just share this particular thread link?
And you guys are good with me giving some brief info? Something more than just "Write a novel in a day" as that sounds a bit intimidating. :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: This is August!!!!
*runs around in pointless circles freaking out in panic*
October is just around the corner!!!!!
*faints*

pigfender

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:36 pm Post

Haha! :D

Just tell ‘em that we’re gauging interest in running another one, it’ll be one Saturday in October if it goes ahead, and they can learn all about it at novelinaday.com
Feel free to steal any blurb from there or the FAQs to explain the event!
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

pacifika

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:47 pm Post

I ended up just adding the NiaD website link and also the LL NiaD FAQ. I just posted in Scribophile since I spend a lot of time there.
I did also add the link to this thread so they could create and overwhelming un-ignorable demand. :D

Maerahn

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:16 pm Post

Hi everyone - just wanted to wish all of you taking part this year huge luck. You'll have a blast, and it'll be so worth it.

I'm slightly envious, because I'm going to have to pass on it this year - too much crazy stuff going on in my life that doesn't look like it's going to go away anytime soon. Better for me to bow out than kid myself it'll all be okay and then bail on the day. I'll definitely look in and cheer you all on though. :)
For years I waited for a Writing Angel to sprinkle her magic Confidence Dust on me. But she never came. That's when I realised I was going to have to find my own dust.

pacifika

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:46 pm Post

Maerahn wrote:Hi everyone - just wanted to wish all of you taking part this year huge luck. You'll have a blast, and it'll be so worth it.

I'm slightly envious, because I'm going to have to pass on it this year - too much crazy stuff going on in my life that doesn't look like it's going to go away anytime soon. Better for me to bow out than kid myself it'll all be okay and then bail on the day. I'll definitely look in and cheer you all on though. :)

*waves madly* :D Nice to see a face I recognize.. :D

Jaysen

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:31 am Post

St Louis cut Ribs....

What's the plan? Mrs got all snarally when i mentioned "the pork chop is not fully cooked" in response to "why is there ANOTHER bottle of rum? is it that writing thing again?"

And just to make sure you feel the love, I penciled you in on the "fecal matter list' below Mr K, but above any politicians.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

pigfender

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 am Post

Jaysen wrote:And just to make sure you feel the love, I penciled you in on the "fecal matter list' below Mr K, but above any politicians.

Thanks?

Jaysen

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:41 pm Post

pigfender wrote:
Jaysen wrote:And just to make sure you feel the love, I penciled you in on the "fecal matter list' below Mr K, but above any politicians.

Thanks?

My pleasure. For the record, there's a lot of entries above Mr K. Most of them are me. A few are people she may not realize are me. Oh heck... it's all me. But you made the list! Congratulations!
Jaysen