NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

tanyareed
Platform: Windows

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:22 pm Post

If it's the reading part, yes, yes, I am. :)

homeport wrote:So we are all ready for second part tomorrow :wink:

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:38 pm Post

tanyareed wrote:If it's the reading part, yes, yes, I am. :)

homeport wrote:So we are all ready for second part tomorrow :wink:

I hope it's that! :D I'm ready too.

Shift
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:51 pm Post

Camy wrote:To all you lot who've finished before the deadline: how? Don't you have to sleep, or eat, or walk the cat? :roll:

My question exactly! Though, I only scarfed down a few fries last night, and only ate today after I finished re-reading and re-editing until 4:20pm EST. I did get a good 6 hours of sleep though. I'll never miss sleep.

VDGriesdoorn
Platform: Mac

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:05 pm Post

Submitted 5 minutes before the hard deadline. Never finished this late before.

Feel my apology was insufficient. So... Sorry again, Rog. :/

Look forward to the book though!

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 pm Post

It's winging it's way to you, Rog.

In in time, I hope, and not too many excess commas.

Much fun. Thanks! :D

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

JacquelineM
Platform: Win + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 pm Post

hallda01 wrote:
JacquelineM wrote:I’ve finished. Just need to go through and edit the chapter and check some Chicago references.:

I felt a bit like a cheater. I lived in the Chicago area for ten years, and was actually writing my chapter from my Sister's house in Indianapolis. I had quite the head start.

Lucky you! But I did a Novel In A Day a couple of years ago which was based on A Christmas Carol and set in London, so I had an advantage then.

Did you like living in Chicago? It looks like an amazing city and I’ve learned so much about it online and from YouTube in the last 24 hours. :wink:

homeport

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 pm Post

Have visited Chicago few times visiting relatives but none helped today only things I googled was best places to go sledging I hope he got there at weekend with his daughter :D and I did check weather
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

JacquelineM

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 pm Post

Kayden wrote:
hallda01 wrote:
JacquelineM wrote:I’ve finished. Just need to go through and edit the chapter and check some Chicago references.:

I felt a bit like a cheater. I lived in the Chicago area for ten years, and was actually writing my chapter from my Sister's house in Indianapolis. I had quite the head start.

I had to Google to check the weather. I hope I didn't get that part wrong...

I used Google to check the weather, too! Found out it snows a lot in Chicago, and it’s windy. But I knew that from that Doris Day song. I put some snow in the story — didn’t want to waste the research after staying up half the night! :wink:

homeport

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm Post

Me too it set scene to allow for possibilities at weekend
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

JacquelineM

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:43 pm Post

BTW have we written one book or several? :roll:

Ev
Evil Overlord

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:45 pm Post

Camy wrote:To all you lot who've finished before the deadline: how? Don't you have to sleep, or eat, or walk the cat? :roll:

• Incredibly disciplined.
  • Brilliant, rapid writer.
  • Skimped on research.

Only one of those is true.

I did take the cat out for a walk, though.

ha
hallda01

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:50 pm Post

JacquelineM wrote:
hallda01 wrote:

Lucky you! But I did a Novel In A Day a couple of years ago which was based on A Christmas Carol and set in London, so I had an advantage then.

Did you like living in Chicago? It looks like an amazing city and I’ve learned so much about it online and from YouTube in the last 24 hours. :wink:

I did! It's a huge city with a ton of culture, but I love living in Portland Oregon now more. It's easier for raising a family. I do miss Chicago dogs though.

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm Post

JacquelineM wrote:
Kayden wrote:
hallda01 wrote:

I used Google to check the weather, too! Found out it snows a lot in Chicago, and it’s windy. But I knew that from that Doris Day song. I put some snow in the story — didn’t want to waste the research after staying up half the night! :wink:

For a while I lived just north of Chicago in southern Wisconsin. My memory of Chicago in winter is horizontal icicles! It’s hard to think of a more emphatic way of showing why it is known as the Windy City.
Complete and utter NOMsense.

TerryTalksFiction

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:54 pm Post

Whew! Well, that was a scramble at the end!! Got my chapter in with ten minutes left on the countdown clock (sorry Rog!).
Man, timezones suck :'O
Hopefully it's still okay - it feels much less polished than the fiction I usually write, but then again I usually have four+ drafts of that rather than the simple two drafts I had to go with this time!
Looking forward to reading what we've all created together!

JacquelineM

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:00 am Post

nom wrote:
JacquelineM wrote:
Kayden wrote:

For a while I lived just north of Chicago in southern Wisconsin. My memory of Chicago in winter is horizontal icicles! It’s hard to think of a more emphatic way of showing why it is known as the Windy City.

Horizontal icicles, eh! I wish I'd known about that when I wrote the chapter. Did you put that in yours?
((You know that in the UK the weather is a very popular topic of conversation. Can talk about it for hours!)) 8)