NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

tanyareed
Platform: Windows

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:50 am Post

I've been writing for a very long time, but this will only be maybe my third time using first person narrative. It's scary, and I'm afraid I'll screw it up, but I'm excited, too, because I really like my brief!

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:51 am Post

pigfender wrote:
nom wrote:Somebody — I won’t name names but you can probably guess — forgot to notify Pigfender of my new email address. :roll:

Here’s hoping he hasn’t dropped off into a sleep-deprivation induced stupor yet...

I've sent it to the new address now. Let me know if it still hasn't gotten there.

All good.

The person responsible at my end received a stern talking-to and has promised not to do it again for as long as my current email remains unchanged. It’s hard to argue with that kind of contrition...
Complete and utter NOMsense.

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:52 am Post

tanyareed wrote:I've been writing for a very long time, but this will only be maybe my third time using first person narrative. It's scary, and I'm afraid I'll screw it up, but I'm excited, too, because I really like my brief!

Well, based on this post, you ‘re a natural at it! :D
Complete and utter NOMsense.

tanyareed

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:53 am Post

LOL Thanks!

nom wrote:
tanyareed wrote:I've been writing for a very long time, but this will only be maybe my third time using first person narrative. It's scary, and I'm afraid I'll screw it up, but I'm excited, too, because I really like my brief!

Well, based on this post, you ‘re a natural at it! :D

Lu
Luscinia Evan
Platform: Mac

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 am Post

pigfender wrote:
Luscinia Evan wrote:the genre this time is absolutely lovely, quick question, do we write in present or past tense?

I would write in the past tense.

got it, thanks!

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:26 am Post

BAH!!!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:29 am Post

Jaysen wrote:BAH!!!

MOO???
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

thegirlclaudia
Platform: Mac

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:38 am Post

pigfender wrote:

MOO???

By the way, I found out that the name Carodine has agricultural connotations and gives a good sense of cheer and business acumen. Neat!

Jaysen

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:41 am Post

pigfender wrote:

MOO???

Yeah,... Myou... BAH!!!

Challenge accepted.

I just need to figure out how to get pirates, dolphins and space aliens into this.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Jaysen

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:48 am Post

Jaysen wrote:√ Get breif from piggy and put in scriv research
√ √ Breakout character stuff into profiles
√ Create simple outline from the EXACT plot points in the brief.
√ Read the before and after section and imagine what could happen for no more than 10 minutes.
√ Go on 10 walk with Mrs and DO NOT think about NiaD.
Tell the dog all my ideas.
Make outline of the one the dog likes best (which will be hard as our dog passed... and yes the dog had actual input)
Go to bed
Get up at 5a and create scene cards for outline for 1hr
Make breakfast for wife.
Write from 7 to 10.
walk dog 10 min.
Edit 10:30 to 12:00
Lunch till 1p
Write 1p to 3p
Edit
Send to Piggy.

My dogs are ... no longer. I did not anticipate this situation. All I need to do is.... FORKITY FORK FORK!!! MY PROCESS IS BROKEN!!!

Nom, I need a dog to talk too.
Jaysen

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:41 am Post

In my chapter brief it says two bestselling novels. But in the character sheet there's three. Want us to stick with three I'm guessing?

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:44 am Post

My biggest problem with the first person is that on the rare occasion I write it Or have to read it, it's present tense. So for the moment, everything is mixed tenses. Some present. some past.
Which is great given the character's situation. LOL Too bad I'm not using to the best advantage. :p :D

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:45 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
Jaysen wrote:√ Get breif from piggy and put in scriv research
√ √ Breakout character stuff into profiles
√ Create simple outline from the EXACT plot points in the brief.
√ Read the before and after section and imagine what could happen for no more than 10 minutes.
√ Go on 10 walk with Mrs and DO NOT think about NiaD.
Tell the dog all my ideas.
Make outline of the one the dog likes best (which will be hard as our dog passed... and yes the dog had actual input)
Go to bed
Get up at 5a and create scene cards for outline for 1hr
Make breakfast for wife.
Write from 7 to 10.
walk dog 10 min.
Edit 10:30 to 12:00
Lunch till 1p
Write 1p to 3p
Edit
Send to Piggy.

My dogs are ... no longer. I did not anticipate this situation. All I need to do is.... FORKITY FORK FORK!!! MY PROCESS IS BROKEN!!!

Nom, I need a dog to talk too.

Do you want to borrow my cat? She'll probably just like whatever story option involves tuna and naps.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:50 am Post

pacifika wrote:In my chapter brief it says two bestselling novels. But in the character sheet there's three. Want us to stick with three I'm guessing?

He's written all three by your chapter, but the third is only just coming out and isn't a bestseller (yet). Sorry I guess that wasn't clear.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:56 am Post

pacifika wrote:Do you want to borrow my cat? She'll probably just like whatever story option involves tuna and naps.

Cats are simultaneously too picky and not picky enough. That duality is really what Schrödinger was contemplating but he realized that he could not mention his struggles with felines so he made up the bit about quantum states and such.
Jaysen