NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

Ka
Kayden
Platform: Windows

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:13 am Post

pigfender wrote:
Luscinia Evan wrote:the genre this time is absolutely lovely, quick question, do we write in present or past tense?

I would write in the past tense.

I had wanted to ask the same question. Thanks!

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:25 am Post

I confess I totally missed the first person proviso in the packet until I got wind of it from others. I whisked by the introductory stuff registering it as familiar from previous years. Big oops!

Fortunately most of what I have so far is draft dialog which doesn't need changing.

-gr

(returns to NIAD bunker)
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 am Post

pigfender wrote:
pacifika wrote:In my chapter brief it says two bestselling novels. But in the character sheet there's three. Want us to stick with three I'm guessing?

He's written all three by your chapter, but the third is only just coming out and isn't a bestseller (yet). Sorry I guess that wasn't clear.

Whew. Awesome. :D thank you! :D

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:28 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
pacifika wrote:Do you want to borrow my cat? She'll probably just like whatever story option involves tuna and naps.

Cats are simultaneously too picky and not picky enough. That duality is really what Schrödinger was contemplating but he realized that he could not mention his struggles with felines so he made up the bit about quantum states and such.

A wise decision as quantum physics is easier to understand than cats.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 am Post

pacifika wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
pacifika wrote:Do you want to borrow my cat? She'll probably just like whatever story option involves tuna and naps.

Cats are simultaneously too picky and not picky enough. That duality is really what Schrödinger was contemplating but he realized that he could not mention his struggles with felines so he made up the bit about quantum states and such.

But less useful
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:43 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
pacifika wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Cats are simultaneously too picky and not picky enough. That duality is really what Schrödinger was contemplating but he realized that he could not mention his struggles with felines so he made up the bit about quantum states and such.

But less useful

Now I just see the Hadron Collider as a circle/ping pong ball cat toy

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:56 am Post

Jaysen wrote:Nom, I need a dog to talk too.

Talk to the avatar...
Complete and utter NOMsense.

pe
pete340

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:17 am Post

Are Alison’s eyes blue?
-- Pete Image

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:25 am Post

pete340 wrote:Are Alison’s eyes blue?

if you like!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:48 am Post

You guys know that moment when you're writing where you read your stuff and think Damn. I am GOOD.
I'm there right now. LOL But I know when I look at in 10 hours, I'm going to question my calling and go back to something simple like cat training or quantum physics. ;)

pigfender

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:01 am Post

pacifika wrote:You guys know that moment when you're writing where you read your stuff and think Damn. I am GOOD.

No, sadly not.
pacifika wrote:when I look at in 10 hours, I'm going to question my calling and go back to something simple like cat training or quantum physics. ;)

Now, THAT one I know!
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

pacifika

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:06 am Post

pigfender wrote:
pacifika wrote:You guys know that moment when you're writing where you read your stuff and think Damn. I am GOOD.

No, sadly not.
pacifika wrote:when I look at in 10 hours, I'm going to question my calling and go back to something simple like cat training or quantum physics. ;)

Now, THAT one I know!

LOL I'm laughing, but sad for you. All writers should have that opportunity for some giddy, euphoric, manic delusion. :D Perhaps I got your share too? :/ I'll try to pass some back to you. :D
Although I think I may also have gotten someone else's share of the OMG I am CRAP as well. I'm pretty sure I have crises every couple of months.
I'm off to get some sleep. I hope it looks as okay or perhaps better in the morning. :D
NiaD on!

pigfender

Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:19 am Post

Ok. I’ve not heard anything from you lot for a little while so I’m going to sneak off and get a couple of hours sleep. See you in half a dream!

scrapsandsass

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:51 am Post

Can anyone tell me if Matthew & Lucy actually meet Alison in 1995? I have a chapter where they find her, but I'm not clear if it is just "finding" her or actually meeting her?
Kimberlee
Scraps & Sass

homeport
Platform: Mac

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:06 am Post

Can we confirm the Genre
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."