NiaD 7: The Magnificent NiaD

Wolf_Baginski
Platform: Linux + Windows

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:03 pm Post

I think I shall give NiaD a pass this year. It's a little too close to the start of NaNoWriMo, and I will be lining up background research for that, and essentially setting up all the stuff that goes into the briefs for all the chapters of NiaD. And I shall be doing it for something I want to write, a story that engages me, big-time. Sure, one chapter isn't much to write, but it's likely to be too big a jump for me. in terms of my mental state. Perhaps I will be expecting to walk past uniformed thugs as my characters return to 70 Wilhelmstraße in Berlin. Maybe a flying boat has an endless line of thunder-heads in view, and not enough fuel in the tanks to turn back. Or maybe a European cavalry officer, his country disintegrated by the aftermath of war, rides into a Colorado mining town to face down a white-hooded crowd with one of the new-fangled European guns that shoots more than the expected six times.

Things are going to happen, and I don't want to chance the distraction.

Daurmith
Platform: Mac

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 pm Post

YES PLEASE!

Er, I mean—please, Sir, may I have a little more NiAD, please?

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:53 pm Post

To those worried about qualifications or improvement from last year... consider this...

HE LETS ME DO IT!!!

He's either touched in the head or very willing to let everyone participate. I prefer the former, but I think reality is the latter.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:To those worried about qualifications or improvement from last year... consider this...
HE LETS ME DO IT!!!
He's either touched in the head or very willing to let everyone participate. I prefer the former, but I think reality is the latter.

And here I thought it was the payola. :P

Jaysen

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 pm Post

gr wrote:
Jaysen wrote:To those worried about qualifications or improvement from last year... consider this...
HE LETS ME DO IT!!!

And here I thought it was the payola. :P

I keep sending him fish heads, opossum tails and pig jowels, but they keep coming back as "delivery refused"! Not sure who's paying him. Must be Vic-K
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

As
Asbestos_Dust
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:29 am Post

OK, I'm in. I did this a few years ago, and apparently, have forgotten the pain sufficiently to hit it again.

Jaysen

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 am Post

What? There they are there again. As the actual * around here, what am I doing in such close association with grrrrrrr and nomnomnom?
Jaysen

JacquelineM
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am Post

Hi @pigfender,

The Facebook group is called Scrivener Users. It's a closed group but I expect they'd let you join. :wink:

The members are all obsessed with Scrivener and how to use it.

I think I'll be able to write the chapter using Scrivener iOS on my phone and email it from there. Last June, I opened your attachment with the details using an android tablet, but I've just tried using my phone to open it, and it works!

If there's a problem nearer the time, I'll let you know.

nav66

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:35 am Post

Please count me in for NiaD 2017!

KB
Site Admin

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:14 pm Post

I'm always in!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jaysen

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm Post

KB wrote:I'm always in trouble!

Fixed it for you.
Jaysen

rdale
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:58 pm Post

I'm in, I think. Unless my work life/whiskey intake gets thrown out of balance again.

Jaysen wrote:I also nominate the follow roles for my entry:
2. Nom and rdale (I will not use a new name for you!) will fetch ideas from the bins of others so I can have the bad ideas all to myself.
:twisted:

But, I was planning on changing my name to "The Saint", and fetching whiskey!

TotallyAStBernard.jpg
I'm a St. Bernard at Heart
TotallyAStBernard.jpg (97.84 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

I might even save some for you...
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

mi
michaelroberts2017
Platform: Windows

Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:59 am Post

Heck, yeah...I'd like to do this again.

Jaysen

Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:09 am Post

rdale wrote:But, I was planning on changing my name to "The Saint", and fetching whiskey!

Calling you "the saint" is like calling Vic-K an "innocent bystander".

But the fetching of whiskey will be supported.
Jaysen

Fl
FleetAdmiralO
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:19 pm Post

After all this time, after all these memories, how could I possibly miss another adventure?

Count me in!