NiaD 7: The Magnificent NiaD

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:20 pm Post

You early bird one-and-doners are freaking me out! Or maybe we are just finding out who spends all their non-forum time reading comic books, eh? As for my own chapter, all I can say is: I am so screwed right now.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

Lu
Luscinia Evan
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:25 pm Post

gr wrote:You early bird one-and-doners are freaking me out! Or maybe we are just finding out who spends all their non-forum time reading comic books, eh? As for my own chapter, all I can say is: I am so screwed right now.

You are not alone ಥ_ಥ

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:40 pm Post

I've not actually read anything specific to the genre for ... 30+ years. (God I've gotten old). But I have seen more than ONE movie in that time.

But truthfully, I keep cheating with NiaD. Part of it is laziness, the other ... well ... complete lack of actual skill or technique. We can chat more about the "how to survive NiaD with no more pride than you had before NiaD" post NiaD if we'd like. For now, the boss (Mrs *) is demanding I provide something to promote decreased hangover thereby becoming more "useful".
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:40 pm Post

Okay, none of you have pointed it out because you're clearly all too polite...

Pete is a "Literary Agent" and not a "Literally Agent" like it says in the briefing packs.
For those who don't know who Pete is... just ignore this.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

pe
pete340

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:43 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Okay, none of you have pointed it out because you're clearly all too polite...

Pete is a "Literary Agent" and not a "Literally Agent" like it says in the briefing packs.

We’ve all become, unfortunately, too used to the effects of over-aggressive spell-checkers.
-- Pete Image

pigfender

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm Post

That is certainly my excuse.
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

xiamenese

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:11 pm Post

Well, to my own surprise, given that I didn't get my brief till 8:30 London time, I am done.

The fault is Apple's having made it impossible to access .mac/.me/.icloud addresses using a 3rd party mail clients, and for whatever reason our esteemed Piggy has my .mac account, not my others which are my normal ones. I was about to send off a PM to him saying where the hell is it, when I bethought me of Apple's infamy!

Anyway, at 8:30, having resorted to Apple Mail, I got it, took one look and went back to bed, thinking "I know nothing about this; I have no idea what could be the crux of my chapter; I have no idea what genre this is …"

So I buried my head under the duvet to try and think, but was roused by my wife bearing a cup of coffee. I showed her the brief ... she made a suggestion which I thought was too risky in continuity terms, but it got me thinking.

So, for the first time in over 10 years I turned to the corkboard and set myself up with a few cards for plot points and set off. To my total astonishment, I had completed and sent off my somewhat anodyne offering of 2,250+ words by 15:00.

I still have no idea what the genre is!

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

Ar
Arkhaiel
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:15 pm Post

Hello !
I’m near the end of my draft, but I’m French and I’m not absolutely condident concerning the quality of my English writing. May someone who would be ok to proof read my text send me a pm please ? It would be lovely...
Thanks a lot !
It’s been an exciting day !!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:20 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Pete is a "Literary Agent" and not a "Literally Agent" like it says in the briefing packs.

I was literally positive this indicated the existence of an arch-nemesis out there, a dark writer foiling Pete's author's every move with the aid of her ever clever Figurative Agent.

Well there goes that theory.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

AB
AB17

Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:39 pm Post

First draft complete at 2,600 words. Now all I have to do is put them in the right order...

Ka
Kayden
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:08 pm Post

I'm done with my draft but I need some time to sort it out properly. Oh time - please wait for us all!

T
T Granger

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:16 pm Post

Just need another paragraph or two (or three) to bridge a great big gaping hole in my story and then hopefully, I am finished.
Considering I know nothing about what I am writing about I feel pretty good about progress so far.
I also know a hell of a lot more about Lance Armstrong than I ever thought would be necessary in my life.

pigfender

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:19 pm Post

Ah, the life of a writer! :)

Deruji
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:28 pm Post

Just finished mine and sent it out as well. I hope it makes sense in the broader context :D
Dañiel L.G.
For other writings please visit me at: smashwords

Ev
Evil Overlord
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:28 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Okay, none of you have pointed it out because you're clearly all too polite...

So you're saying he's not literally an agent? Damn, let me have that chapter back...