NiaD Episode VI: Return of the NiaD

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:08 am Post

pigfender wrote:Anyone else excited for this Saturday?!?

Yes. Very. :D

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:00 am Post

pigfender wrote:Anyone else excited for this Saturday?!?

No. Wondering why I agreed to take my one free-ish Saturday in a two-month run of stressful weekends and spend it stretching my boundaries.

Unless you count that as excited, in which case, sure!
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

Be
BethCutter
Platform: Windows

Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 am Post

How did it go from safely "sometime in the future" to THIS WEEKEND??? <gulp>

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:40 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
But I'm sure I will be alone. Again. At least Vic-k will come visit me. Even if it is only to see how fresh the salt and lemon juice are ... :wink:

I'll assume your wonky/crappy keyboard thinks ---> ... is actually tequila ... right?
Good Luck on Sat :wink:
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:54 am Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
But I'm sure I will be alone. Again. At least Vic-k will come visit me. Even if it is only to see how fresh the salt and lemon juice are ... :wink:

I'll assume your wonky/crappy keyboard thinks ---> ... is actually tequila ... right?
Good Luck on Sat :wink:
Vic

Taquilla rubbed in wounds is less annoying than salt and lemon juice. But all three together and you and I would have a good time!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Ki
Kimkneen

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:31 pm Post

Hi there

Do you still have space available?

You can check out some of my stuff on Scribophile to check if you think I might be of an acceptable standard to participate.

Thank you!
Kim :-)

Jaysen

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:03 pm Post

Piggy, can you please have this plot a bit more "real" this year? Say, set on a tropical island, natural springs flowing with rum, scotch, and brandy. The main characters should be believable this time... say a talking dolphin, a singing seagull, and Vic-k. You should be able to do something with that. Plus, I've already got my chapter done for that story.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:23 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Piggy, can you please have this plot a bit more "real" this year? Say, set on a tropical island, natural springs flowing with rum, scotch, and brandy. The main characters should be believable this time... say a talking dolphin, a singing seagull, and Vic-k. You should be able to do something with that. Plus, I've already got my chapter done for that story.

Y' wanna be careful, numpt, or you could have piggy thinking, " Holy Mother of Zeus! Worrava let meself in for this time?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Piggy, can you please have this plot a bit more "real" this year? Say, set on a tropical island, natural springs flowing with rum, scotch, and brandy. The main characters should be believable this time... say a talking dolphin, a singing seagull, and Vic-k. You should be able to do something with that. Plus, I've already got my chapter done for that story.

Y' wanna be careful, numpt, or you could have piggy thinking, " Holy Mother of Zeus! Worrava let meself in for this time?

Maybe that's my goal... Did you think of that?
Jaysen

ImageImage

homeport
Platform: Mac

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:30 pm Post

I do have one issue I am watching my son do the iron man in Luxembourg on sunday travelling early tomorrow morning, I had forgot about that so I am keeping fingers crossed that I have internet long enough somewhere to download and to resend when done :oops:
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image

Maerahn

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 pm Post

Is it normal to feel nervous/terrified about this, in that 'oh my god, have I bitten off more than I can chew?' kinda way?
For years I waited for a Writing Angel to sprinkle her magic Confidence Dust on me. But she never came. That's when I realised I was going to have to find my own dust.

vic-k

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 pm Post

Maerahn wrote:Is it normal to feel nervous/terrified about this, in that 'oh my god, have I bitten off more than I can chew?' kinda way?

Well, a little bit ... kindda like 5,987,090,564,000.000% normal give or take 0.000000001%
This is your psyching up process in action 8) You'll be OK big time!
Good Luck,
Vic

Jaysen

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:21 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Maerahn wrote:Is it normal to feel nervous/terrified about this, in that 'oh my god, have I bitten off more than I can chew?' kinda way?

Well, a little bit ... kindda like 5,987,090,564,000.000% normal give or take 0.000000001%
This is your psyching up process in action 8) You'll be OK big time!
Good Luck,
Vic

As vic-k said, only for normal people. Which is why he and I don't. Oh wait... I do. But vic-k doesn't. There maybe other reasons for that though.
Jaysen

ImageImage

pigfender

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:38 am Post

Hey Kimkneen! Yes! Welcome to Novel in a Day (well, Novella in a Day this time)! I've sent you a private message on this forum with a couple of questions so I know where to send the briefing pack, etc.

Oh absolutely. That's exactly how I'm feeling right now!?!

Incidentally, if any of you are on Instagram, I *might* be doing a couple of "live stories" through the day, depending on stress levels and how good my hair looks. :P :D
instagram.com/novelinaday
You'll need to follow to get notifications of going live.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

pigfender

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:33 am Post

Just saw this...
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 08.30.18.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 08.30.18.png (59.67 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

Eeek!
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013