Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:33 am Post

nom wrote:You are most welcome and I'm glad to know I didn't offend too much. I trust that you can respond with grace, courage and conviction to whatever ails you.

No worries, didn't offend at all. :shock:

And I'll spare you the details. :oops:

And thanks. :D
Account closed January 2017

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:48 am Post

Briar Kit wrote:
nom wrote:You are most welcome and I'm glad to know I didn't offend too much. I trust that you can respond with grace, courage and conviction to whatever ails you.

He has Vick for that....
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:28 pm Post

Briar Kit wrote:

And I'll spare you the details. :oops:

And thanks. :D

Written tonight, With Grace
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Br
Briar Kit

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:47 pm Post

Jaysen: Aye!

Nom: Aye aye, I enjoyed Grace. :D
Account closed January 2017

co
corinne.morier
Platform: Windows

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:32 pm Post

I'm kind of new to Lit&Latte, but I'd like to participate. One question I do have: I live in America, so should I use American English or British English to write my chapter? Would it matter very much?

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:09 pm Post

Hi Corinne, and welcome to the forum! I've sent you a Direct Message with the next steps, but in the meantime...
corinne.morier wrote:One question I do have: I live in America, so should I use American English or British English to write my chapter? Would it matter very much?

Well, in past years we've asked everyone to write in British English. This has been one of the few constraints we've put on people's style (the other being restrictions on PoV). Truth is, probably half the participants (maybe more, I've not checked :oops: ) are from outside of Britain.
Would it matter very much? Probably not. Worst case scenario we'll just run your chapter through our dedicated machine which translates things to British English (that is to say, I'll read it and correct the spelling of anything that has a red squiggly line under it).

The main thing to make you aware of as an overseas participant is that the event starts at midnight on Saturday UK time. So, in the US, that means it'll actually kick off Friday afternoon (the exact time depending on your timezone).
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:33 pm Post

pigfender wrote:The main thing to make you aware of as an overseas participant is that the event starts at midnight on Saturday UK time. So, in the US, that means it'll actually kick off Friday afternoon (the exact time depending on your timezone).

AKA the rebel colonials WIN AGAIN!

Take that former imperial overlords!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Ry
Ryker Hayes

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:47 pm Post

Hey Mr. Pigfender! Count me in.

ma
manyaraz

Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:57 pm Post

Hello! Hopping over from scribophile, I'd like to join in.

Raymond Xander

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:15 pm Post

Aloha! I've also invaded via Scribophile, this sort of madness is right down my street!

pigfender

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:29 pm Post

Ryker, mayaraz, Raymond, Welcome to the forum! I've sent you all a Direct Message with the details of the next steps to complete the sign up process.

Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:The main thing to make you aware of as an overseas participant is that the event starts at midnight on Saturday UK time. So, in the US, that means it'll actually kick off Friday afternoon (the exact time depending on your timezone).

Didn't you lose to the Canadians? I'm pretty sure we just let you win one after that.
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Jaysen

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:35 pm Post

pigfender wrote:
Jaysen wrote:

Didn't you lose to the Canadians? I'm pretty sure we just let you win one after that.

Heck no! The Canadians are nice. We'd never fight with them. Their behavior in public is as un-vic-k-like as you can be while still be human and unlike Nomstrailians they don't piddle on the carpet. While they do still have a picture of grandma on their money, we unruly colonials are ok with with it as they have pretty money.

Now those Nomstrailians... that lot is nothing but trouble.
Jaysen

pigfender

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:38 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Heck no! The Canadians are nice. We'd never fight with them.

1812? I mentioned it in an interview in a newspaper and everything, so it must be true.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:47 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Their behavior in public is as un-vic-k-like
ImageImageImageImage
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 am Post

pigfender wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Heck no! The Canadians are nice. We'd never fight with them.

1812? I mentioned it in an interview in a newspaper and everything, so it must be true.

To quote wikipedia
wikipedia wrote:The War of 1812 was a military conflict, lasting for two and a half years, fought by the United States of America against the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, its North American colonies, and its American Indian allies.

While you forced the Canadians to fight, it was with those brightly colored walking targets already once defeated that the war was fought :)

The poor Canadians were just caught in the middle.

For the purists among you, take a deep breath
Jaysen