Jaysen wrote:If folks do want to collaborate on a single chapter or have a brief to work in parallel with no commitment to Mr P, i will volunteer to manage/support that effort for ONE book/chapter that is assigned to me by the fearful leader. While I have only completed one NiaD I have confidence that I can provide a full committed chapter for Mr P solo but would be more than happy to coordinate a colab version. Should there be interest in this I will make sure you have Mr P support to make it successful for everyone.
PM me if interested.
For the avoidance of doubt, a formal collaborative chapter will be subject to the same quality approvals as any other hopeful new participant: I'll want a sample of writing from the complete collective to make sure you're up to it. A key measure will be that your chapter must be indistinguishable from one written by a single person! No "three word story" chapters will be included!
In other words, the following are likely to pass the test:
- a single main writer who brainstorms ideas from his friends but still actually does all the writing,
- a single main writer who gets editorial input from 1 other person, or
- an established two-person writing partnership
Unlikely to be accepted as a 'formal' chapter that makes the book:
- crowdsourced chapters, or
- chapters written by more than a couple of contributors that are simple dividing the chapter into smaller sections.
That's for several reasons:
1) the preserve the integrity of the books (which people are rightly very proud of)
2) to make sure everyone has a fair and sensible amount to write that can show off their own writing style and vision for their section (any disaggregation is likely to imply an initial single interpretation and vision for the chapter, and prevent individuals from getting the full NiaD experience).
3) a chapter is only 1,500 words and you have a whole day. That really should be manageable!