Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:55 am Post

Sounds like a plan!

The email questions have dried up now... Looks like everyone's either gone to bed or not got up yet so I'm going to go grab a quick couple of hours myself. Hopefully nothing urgent will come up in he meantime. If anyone does need anything, type really loudly and I might wake up! :D
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

Ev
Evil Overlord
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:05 pm
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:58 am Post

OK. First draft done. Now I just have to go back and put in all the expectoratin'. I think the aliens will probably take care of that, though. They and the elves don't hold with a lot of spitting in their magic forest. It's okay I put that in, isn't it? You said extra characters were okay.
Image

ma
manyaraz
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:52 pm
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:08 am Post

Evil Overlord wrote:OK. First draft done. Now I just have to go back and put in all the expectoratin'. I think the aliens will probably take care of that, though. They and the elves don't hold with a lot of spitting in their magic forest. It's okay I put that in, isn't it? You said extra characters were okay.


Okay if someone else is doing aliens and elves I'm totally putting in the UFO scene I wasn't sure about.

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:09 am Post

I hate you all. :D
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

Ro
Rollerdiva
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:54 pm
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:56 am Post

Okay so its the first year trying to write with a daughter.. NOT ONE WORD WRITTEN! I dont suppose it would be NIAD without me cutting it right to the wire... I'm blaming her!
Image

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:59 am Post

Rollerdiva wrote:Okay so its the first year trying to write with a daughter.. NOT ONE WORD WRITTEN! I dont suppose it would be NIAD without me cutting it right to the wire... I'm blaming her!


Can I blame your daughter too? Please? :oops:
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

Ro
Rollerdiva
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:54 pm
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:00 am Post

Although in my head the 'Triceptacon' battle section is pretty much done..
Image

Ro
Rollerdiva
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:54 pm
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:01 am Post

nom wrote:
Rollerdiva wrote:Okay so its the first year trying to write with a daughter.. NOT ONE WORD WRITTEN! I dont suppose it would be NIAD without me cutting it right to the wire... I'm blaming her!


Can I blame your daughter too? Please? :oops:


I've asked her.. she's fine with it... :lol:
Image

Ca
Catcher74
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:39 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:24 am Post

A western - awesome!
I never thought about writing one myself, so this is really cool!

I got two questions:

1) Does the Wells Fargo man riding into town to alert the Marshal have a name or do I need to call him "the Wells Fargo man", which might become rather strange?

2) Does the Marshal knwo about the contents of the stolen cases and / or is the content of any importance (to the story).

Cheers and happy writing!!
Image

User avatar
RonjoI
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:27 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:30 am Post

Done for now. I will wake up and look with fresh eyes. Can't wait to read the rest of the books. Had a great time, thanks again for the invite.
Image

User avatar
Wolf_Baginski
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:43 am
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:34 am Post

560 words so far.

Time for a break.

I had a few problems with getting WordPad to open the instruction file, but it worked OK in Libre Office

There's a lot that has to happen, and I have a feeling that my chapter is close to the end. The events fit with the genre conventions for that.

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:38 am Post

Catcher74 wrote:A western - awesome!
I never thought about writing one myself, so this is really cool!

I got two questions:

1) Does the Wells Fargo man riding into town to alert the Marshal have a name or do I need to call him "the Wells Fargo man", which might become rather strange?

2) Does the Marshal knwo about the contents of the stolen cases and / or is the content of any importance (to the story).

Cheers and happy writing!!


Hey Catcher74.
1) I've not given him a name anywhere. You can refer to him however you like!
2) The contents are mostly papers and a little bit of cash. Huge irritation to the bank, limited benefit to the robbers.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2750
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:40 am Post

Wolf_Baginski wrote:There's a lot that has to happen

It's not often I get told that! :D

Wolf_Baginski wrote:and I have a feeling that my chapter is close to the end. The events fit with the genre conventions for that.

Assuming, of course, that I have any familiarity with the genre conventions. :oops: :D
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Image

La
Lazey
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:08 pm
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:46 am Post

400 words short and the chapter is 'finished'. Have to see if I can stretch it out some more.

User avatar
Raymond Xander
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:55 pm
Platform: Windows
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Contact:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:29 am Post

I opened the pack before bed, a little drunk, and almost cried at the amount of info given! It's obviously a good thing though, so drunken me should get a grip.

Everything I know about westerns comes from Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox, which is great for the soundtrack to get me in the mood but bad because that game is set a full 40 years after this story! :shock:
Image