Novel-in-a-Day 5: Go Set A NiaD

my
mysteriouswriter
Platform: Windows

Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:01 pm Post

:D If there is still room. I would love to join in on this.

ne
neomarsu

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 pm Post

Please tell me I'm not too late! This sounds fantastic!

Sign me up!

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:29 pm Post

You're not too late!
mysterious writer, neomarsu, katlovergilpinm, IanPhilpot welcome to the forum. I've sent you all a Direct Message with next steps!

RedOrion1, r6d2: Welcome back! :D

GETTING EXCITED YET?
I am!
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Montree_Whiles

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:35 pm Post

I have to say, I'm disappointed by the considerable lack of mysterious symbols next to participant names this year. I had hoped for the swirly-m'jigger or a caret or something. It dons on me though that it's a great privilege and honor to be counted among the rest of the gang. I always say, it's the high point of my year in this dinky lil ole town. :D

Welcome to all newcomers.

Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:What's my thing again?

You like to outline novels and post them to a forum in advance of the deadlines.

Jaysen, if you could only bottle that determination-and-persistence thing you got going ... . If only.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:I have to say, I'm disappointed by the considerable lack of mysterious symbols next to participant names this year. I had hoped for the swirly-m'jigger or a caret or something.

Wants the ^. Gets the |.

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:08 pm Post

gr wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:I have to say, I'm disappointed by the considerable lack of mysterious symbols next to participant names this year. I had hoped for the swirly-m'jigger or a caret or something.

Wants the ^. Gets the |.

Meanwhile Nom, and only Nom, gets crucificated …

:shock:

Mr X
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:25 am Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:for the swirly-m'jigger or a caret or something.

That's that sorted … anything else, Montree? :?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:29 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:What's my thing again?

You like to outline novels and post them to a forum in advance of the deadlines.

Jaysen, if you could only bottle that determination-and-persistence thing you got going ... . If only.

Mrs would like to assure everyone that I am, in fact, the same in person that I am on the forum. She called it "being an pain the the <beep>". She has no idea why you'd want that bottled, but believes my personality can be achieved by anyone simply by behaving like a spoiled 3 year old child. She warns that the "cuteness" of a 3 year old is not transferable to an adult.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Montree_Whiles

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:Jaysen, if you could only bottle that determination-and-persistence thing you got going ... . If only.

Mrs would like to assure everyone that I am, in fact, the same in person that I am on the forum. She called it "being an pain the the <beep>". She has no idea why you'd want that bottled, but believes my personality can be achieved by anyone simply by behaving like a spoiled 3 year old child. She warns that the "cuteness" of a 3 year old is not transferable to an adult.

Jaysen, great information to have. But, are you certain you understood my comment? :D

----

As for carrots and carets, Vic-K, I enjoy the former sautéed with butter and sesame seeds. The latter fits best over the 'u' in an apple pie crust (croûte). I do entertain the other members of the family as their elder sibling is most content when paired with a larger companion, say 100? Her twin, however prefers to consort with that which is smaller in stature say, 24. All-in-all, I doubt yours is a true member of the family.
“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”
—Robert A. Heinlein

Jaysen

Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:Jaysen, great information to have. But, are you certain you understood my comment?

Part of may charm, as I like to think of it, is my ability to simply ignore any and all meaning except those that play nicely with my current mood.

You wouldn't want me to blow a cork would you?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

IndyRobitaille

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 am Post

Stopping in to sign up. :mrgreen:

Any more room? If so, please add me to the list.

nom

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 am Post

xiamenese wrote:
gr wrote:

Wants the ^. Gets the |.

Meanwhile Nom, and only Nom, gets crucificated …

:shock:

Mr X

Well, you could argue that's my lot in life. :roll:

However, I note that everyone else is a minus while I am a plus. 8)

I'm a little disturbed by the implicit mathematics, especially without Pigfender writing a chapter to help balance the equation. Still, I'll do my best... :P
Complete and utter NOMsense.

nom

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:08 am Post

Jaysen wrote:
Montree_Whiles wrote:Jaysen, great information to have. But, are you certain you understood my comment?

Part of may charm, as I like to think of it, is my ability to simply ignore any and all meaning except those that play nicely with my current mood.

Charm? Well, this ability does seem to be almost magical... :wink:
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Jaysen

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 am Post

nom wrote:
Jaysen wrote:

Charm? Well, this ability does seem to be almost magical... :wink:

You said it... I have magic charm!

See how that works?
Jaysen

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:s for carrots and carets, Vic-K, I enjoy the former sautéed with butter and sesame seeds. The latter fits best over the 'u' in an apple pie crust (croûte). I do entertain the other members of the family as their elder sibling is most content when paired with a larger companion, say 100? Her twin, however prefers to consort with that which is smaller in stature say, 24.Yes, I think I can see your All-in-all, I doubt yours is a true member of the family.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.