Page 11 of 12

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 pm
by pigfender
I broke my NiaD mug today and need to order another. Might go for the Time Is No Substitute design instead of the Faster Than An Infinite Money one, though.

Did any of you actually buy a t-shirt, hoodie or mug? Or are my mum and I the only people who own them?! :D

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm
by ConradG
I love my Infinite Monkey t-shirt and will sometimes deliberately choose it on days when I'm tackling tricky projects. But I regularly get tongue-tied trying to explain it AND NiaD at the same time.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 am
by pigfender
How to win friends through interpretive t-shirts!

I do have a pretty high incident of people stopping me in the street to ask me about the t-shirt.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am
by gr
I find I can't wear gorilla. It just doesn't go with anything I have! Maybe if I had some banana pants, but I don't. Gorilla couture, this whole gorilla tee chic is out of my reach.

gr

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 pm
by vic-k
gr wrote: ....this whole gorilla tee chic is out of my reach.

Life's a bitch :( ....

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 pm
by nom
Oh... POO!

For months I’ve been meaning to order my NiAD t-shirt so I can wear it on the day.

I didn’t.

So I can’t.

Poo.

And, for vic-k’s benefit*, apparently gorillas do poo in the forest.

*Because a philosopher with such a unique and surprising intellect is likely to ask such questions.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:37 am
by vic-k
nom wrote:*Because a poolosopher with such a unique and surprising intellect is likely to ask such questions.

Errrmmm ... errr, y'wot? :?

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:05 pm
by nom
vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:*Because a stoolosopher with such a unique and surprising intellect is likely to ask such questions.

Errrmmm ... errr, y'wot? :?


Exactly. :wink:

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:14 pm
by Jaysen
nom wrote:
vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:*Because a stoolosopher with such a unique and surprising intellect is likely to ask such questions.

Errrmmm ... errr, y'wot? :?


Exactly. :wink:

But does it make a sound?

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:41 pm
by nom
Jaysen wrote:But does it make a sound?


Only when it makes a tree fall...

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:58 pm
by Jaysen
Mr Piggy, Can you please explain to Mr * that the purchase of shirt and mug is NOT about me, but about promoting a cause that causes you an annual surplus of worry, stress and sleepless nights? And that THIS is the noble cause she should support by loosening the purse strings?

And yes, she wears the pants. I find this dress quite comfortable.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:38 pm
by pigfender
Are you seriously telling me that after all that pushing and goading you never actually bought one?!

Hahahaha. That's brilliant. :D
I might just take them off from sale, just to keep that true.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:29 pm
by pigfender
If you were tempted, tell Mrs* that everything on redbubble is 20% off until close Monday (UK time, I think). Use the code SWEET20 at checkout.

Don’t tell her that redbubble has 20% off sales most months cos that’ll weaken your argument.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:39 pm
by Jaysen
All I tell Mrs * is "Yes dear, right away dear" otherwise I'm sleeping outside in the hallway like a vagrant. Which is actually less terrible than it sounds down here in the southern portions of the US... the sleeping outside part. The vagrancy part ... well ... that's just a shame.

Re: TShirts [SPLIT TOPIC]

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:32 pm
by nom
This year, I was organised.
This year, I planned to wear my NiaD t-shirt on the day so I can bore people in cafes as I explain that I’m writing a novel-in-a-day as I order my single-origin filter coffee.
This year, weeks before NiaD, I was ready to order my t-shirt so I could activate my plan.
This year, I even looked up my t-shirt size *before* I went online.
This year, I went to RedBubble to order and...

...there are no NiaD t-shirts!!!

:cry: