Page 29 of 41

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:46 pm
by Montree_Whiles
Jaysen wrote:naked woman needs pants. Just sitting prior to bed. the cheep night wear type. What are they called in the UK.


Then there's the old standby, jamma bottoms.

Just an aside, previous liaisons have had that sort of thing sorted out after the first encounter.

On another note. I finally got a clue. Created a scrivener project just for NIAD. How do I drag the brief file into scrivener? Is it possible to drag the files sent by our illustrious PF from previous years into scrivener as well. Now that it's asked, I can get back to writing. Been nagging me.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 pm
by Jaysen
Y'alls reading too much into this. I'm not adding to the story. Just making it … mine. :twisted:

I have all kinds of words, but being a 40yr old 'merican man, I suspect that I do not have the right level of 'phistication in my word choice.

Looks like I need to go find a victoria's secret catalog. That will cause problems should the wife find me looking at that...

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 pm
by Foxtrot
Jaysen wrote:
Looks like I need to go find a victoria's secret catalog. That will cause problems should the wife find me looking at that...


Just tell her you are procrastinating.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:57 pm
by Daurmith
Done! Argh, I'm rusty, this took longer than I thought.

Okay, now for the last-minute-panic-induced last read and to hit the send button (No! Not the send button! NnnnnoooooOOOOOOO!)

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm
by homeport
Jaysen wrote:What would the main cal the pants. Not yoga pant, but something you'd get from a department store.

The wife uses them for pj bottoms. Same purpose but I don't see this person using that phrase.


pjs
leggings
jogging bottoms
lounge pants
tracksuit
loungewear
jammies

can't think or search anything else

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm
by pete340
Jaysen wrote:Y'alls reading too much into this. I'm not adding to the story. Just making it … mine. :twisted:

I have all kinds of words, but being a 40yr old 'merican man, I suspect that I do not have the right level of 'phistication in my word choice.

Looks like I need to go find a victoria's secret catalog. That will cause problems should the wife find me looking at that...


Private browsing is your friend.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:12 pm
by pete340
homeport wrote:
Jaysen wrote:What would the main cal the pants. Not yoga pant, but something you'd get from a department store.

The wife uses them for pj bottoms. Same purpose but I don't see this person using that phrase.


pjs
leggings
jogging bottoms
lounge pants
tracksuit
loungewear
jammies

can't think or search anything else


sweats, although that might be more American.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:18 pm
by Jaysen
pete340 wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Y'alls reading too much into this. I'm not adding to the story. Just making it … mine. :twisted:

I have all kinds of words, but being a 40yr old 'merican man, I suspect that I do not have the right level of 'phistication in my word choice.

Looks like I need to go find a victoria's secret catalog. That will cause problems should the wife find me looking at that...


Private browsing is your friend.

That doesn't help when the wife is reading over your shoulder …

I'll let piggy deal with de-'merican-ing my chapter.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm
by matt
Jaysen wrote:That doesn't help when the wife is reading over your shoulder …


Where's the daughditor? Surely she'd be present for your first NIAD. College is no excuse, if that's when she's galloped off to.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:46 pm
by pete340
3000 words. After a lunch break I hope I'll have enough time to make it shorter.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:03 pm
by matt
Just emailed mine off...

For the first 3 NIADs, I started work right on 10am (I have the best time zone for NIAD) and had finished the first draft by around 1-2pm...

This time, started at 4pm, submitting at 4am.

Thanks again to piggy for his story, management, email sys admin recovery skills, handholding through my above-usual amount of whining, etc.

Good luck to everyone who still has some way to go.

I'll check in to see how you all went tomorrow!

Matt

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 pm
by Montree_Whiles
Anyone know of an online app that will scan copy for UK English usage? Otherwise I'll leave well enough alone.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm
by matt
Montree_Whiles wrote:Anyone know of an online app that will scan copy for UK English usage? Otherwise I'll leave well enough alone.


Just replace all your American "z" with "s" and put the "u" back in colour where it belongs and you'll be fine.

Even the poms send people to jail rather than gaol these days.

Matt

PS - I can say Pom coz I've been called a roo catcher all afternoon :-)

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm
by eurasianflavour
Just sent my scene in as well. A bit nervous about it since I'm so very out of my element!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
by ElleDechene
A little over 2k words, proofreading now.

Pajama bottoms, really? Sweat pants for our girl.