Page 2 of 41

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:00 am
by Jaysen
pigfender wrote:Oh great, another troublemaker. You don't think I have enough problems with Matt?!
I think all other compare to the trouble of the +3. If you really push me I'll raise the stakes on you… I see no reason that you should have a peaceful day on the 25th of Oct.

Which reminds me. I need to ask you some questions. On a regular basis.

BWAHAHAhahackoughcoughcough

I'm getting too old for that.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:24 pm
by xiamenese
Sorry, one and all; I’m going to be hurtling — well metaphorically hurtling — round China this year at that time … the visit I was supposed to make last year if I hadn’t half severed a digit!

So once again I have to say — as they famously do on “Dragon’s Den” — "I’m out!

Mr X

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:05 pm
by pete340
Count me in.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:13 pm
by r6d2
Let's be all prepared to dress a nice suit that day!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:30 pm
by theonlygolux
Yee ha. Pleased to be aboard, looking forward to it and sharpening my keyboard.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:16 pm
by Usana
Please count me in. What an interesting idea to co-writing a novel within a day. I'm so excited! :D

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:52 pm
by Ariesmer
Count me in as well, please!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:58 pm
by Foxtrot
I would like to in join again if there is space but as I have done it twice before perhaps give a newbie a go first.

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:21 pm
by Reliquary
I'd love to go again if ya have room.. last year was so much fun and the Novel turned out great!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:47 pm
by scrapsandsass
I would love to participate!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:21 pm
by vic-k
If genuine warmth and sheer enthusiasm, alone, as exhibited within this thread, could generate a novel, then this year's NIAD, will surely be a Bestseller!!

Good luck to you all, and here's wishing you oodles of fun and enjoyment. :wink:
Vic

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:07 pm
by matt
I am in. No evil shenanigans this year, I promise!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:59 pm
by nom
pigfender wrote:If you're up for the challenge of taking part (and have read the FAQs to know what you're letting yourself in for), let me know by posting in this thread!


I'm in. :)

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:17 am
by pigfender
Jaysen wrote:I see no reason that you should have a peaceful day on the 25th of Oct.

N'ah this year I intend to stay happy and positive through the whole thing! :D
Jaysen wrote:Which reminds me. I need to ask you some questions. On a regular basis.
BWAHAHAhahackoughcoughcough
I'm getting too old for that.

:shock: :( Well, that didn't last long. :evil:

xiamenese wrote:Sorry, one and all; I’m going to be hurtling — well metaphorically hurtling — round China this year at that time … the visit I was supposed to make last year if I hadn’t half severed a digit!

So once again I have to say — as they famously do on “Dragon’s Den” — "I’m out!

Mr X

Sorry to miss you again, X, but I'm happy that it's because you're doing fun stuff instead of because you've hacked parts of your body off this year! Hopefully all digits are working again?!

pete340 wrote:Count me in.

Absolutely!

r6d2 wrote:Let's be all prepared to dress a nice suit that day!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :D

theonlygolux wrote:Yee ha. Pleased to be aboard, looking forward to it and sharpening my keyboard.

Well, there's not toooooo long to wait this year! Just a few minutes shy of 31 days as I type this. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Usana wrote:Please count me in. What an interesting idea to co-writing a novel within a day. I'm so excited! :D

Ariesmer wrote:Count me in as well, please!

Welcome to the forum! Check your messages! :)

Reliquary wrote:I'd love to go again if ya have room.. last year was so much fun and the Novel turned out great!

It did turn out great, didn't it!? Tell your friends!
(or just write nice things on the Made Man thread)

scrapsandsass wrote:I would love to participate!

Welcome aboard. It's a lot of fun. I'm told.
(wow, that positive thinking thing really wore off quick this year! ;) )

vic-k wrote:If genuine warmth and sheer enthusiasm, alone, as exhibited within this thread, could generate a novel, then this year's NIAD, will surely be a Bestseller!!

Good luck to you all, and here's wishing you oodles of fun and enjoyment. :wink:
Vic

Yup, record first day turn out, I think?

matt wrote:I am in. No evil shenanigans this year, I promise!

Don't make promises you KNOW you can't keep! :D

nom wrote:
pigfender wrote:If you're up for the challenge of taking part (and have read the FAQs to know what you're letting yourself in for), let me know by posting in this thread!


I'm in. :)

Yes you are!

Foxtrot wrote:I would like to in join again if there is space but as I have done it twice before perhaps give a newbie a go first.

That will not be necessary...

You may have noticed a couple of things that are different this year!
1) We have a shiny new home here in our own forum and away from the now locked Announcements forum. This is great because it means we actually have space to do things like have FAQs posts, and anything else. It also means I have MOD power, which as far as I can tell has no particular benefits except it means that I can edit Jaysen's posts to make it look like I win every single argument.
2) I've not actually registered myself this year. I haven't forgotten. I'm not planning on contributing a chapter this year, which frees me up to answer questions, start collating and compiling things earlier, and generally be watchful of SHENANIGANS (Matt). :D
3) I've not posted a limit on the number of attendees...

This isn't because we're writing an enormous 60 chapter epic this year. If demand is sufficient, instead of turning people away as we have in previous years, we'll produce more than one version of the book!

Right. I'm off to try and think of a story. Seeya all tomorrow!

Re: Novel-in-a-Day 4.0: Live Free or NiaD

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:04 am
by r6d2
Are those characters prepended to the participant's names some sort of secret code? :roll:
pigfender wrote:The following people have registered:
^ AmberV
" Foxtrot
' gr
- grahams7
- Jaysen
^ KB
^ matt
"+ nom
^ pete340
' PJS
' r6d2
' Reliquary
^ Rollerdiva
- scrapsandsass
" Siren
- theonlygolux

[list last updated 2014_09_24 01:19]