Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:57 pm Post

MimeticMouton wrote:I'd been thinking of it off and on until NIAD3 became reality

So was I. In fact, I'd been leaning towards not doing it anymore. This year's event is taking place as a direct result of Mrs Pigfender's urging. She *really* liked the premise for this year's story! :)

Sorry about the schedule clash. Hopefully you'll find time to pop by on the day and heckle!

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:00 pm Post

Aye! Wock's brethren are fairly consuming during the season of competitive flying.

But that aside, should I choose to annihilate my ego, it would be less painful to ask the daughter "what is wrong with me and to I look good" than too submit a lengthy segment of prose to the all to keen eyes of ... well ... living humans. Vic-k? sure (brain dead? :) but the rest of you? Hell no!

pigfender

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:21 pm Post

You know Vic emails those round to us all, right?

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:living humans. Vic-k? sure (brain dead? :) but the rest of you? Hell no!
pigfender wrote:You know Vic emails those round to us all, right?

wossat about then?! :-((

Gl
GlamDicenn
Platform: Mac

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 pm Post

Would it be possible for me to volunteer? This sounds like a lot of fun!

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:00 am Post

Jaysen wrote:Aye! Wock's brethren are fairly consuming during the season of competitive flying.

But that aside, should I choose to annihilate my ego, it would be less painful to ask the daughter "what is wrong with me and to I look good" than too submit a lengthy segment of prose to the all to keen eyes of ... well ... living humans. Vic-k? sure (brain dead? :) but the rest of you? Hell no!

What's wrong with a bit of pain anyway? In the immortal lines of the Dread Pirate Roberts (nee Westley), "Life is pain Princess! Whoever says otherwise is selling something."

I'm reasonably sure vic-k is living and with measurable neurocognitive activity. I'm also reasonably sure he is not a figment of my imagination (less sure I am not a figment of his). Admittedly, not a 100% certain of any of the above.

I think you are eminently capable of making a useful contribution but, sadly, it seems you missed out on the last spot this year. On the plus side, I hope your wockettes fly well (I'd use proper racing vernacular but I don't know any).

Jaysen

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 am Post

We are all ramblings of Mr K's mind.

Consider how that unifies all things and it will scare the stuffing out of you. Seriously. Think about it. All the "contradictions" make sense as do the random variations of life. See? Scary.

I have contributed to the horror section of the story.

nom wrote: On the plus side, I hope your wockettes fly well (I'd use proper racing vernacular but I don't know any).

One might say it this way: If your damn birds beat damn birds I'll invite you over for target practice and a feast of fowl.

Or even: GET YOUR %#%ING BIRDS OFF MY ROOF BEFORE I SHOOT THEM!!

My personal favorite: My cat had these feathers in his mouth. Do they look familiar

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:23 am Post

Jaysen wrote:My personal favorite: My cat had these feathers in his mouth. Do they look familiar

Everyone always blames Fluff, when we all know who the real culprit is.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Fluff

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:13 am Post

AmberV wrote:Everyone always blames Fluff, when we all know who the real culprit is.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of at least half a brain, couldn’t fail to be aware that I, Fluff, am a Fishy in the Dishy Gal. Avian flesh, and/or feathers, are for those with jaundiced and jaded palates.

Fluff

Floss
Platform: Windows

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm Post

Fluff wrote:Avian flesh, and/or feathers, are for those with jaundiced and jaded palates.

i,m your huckleberry

Fluff

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm Post

Floss wrote:
Fluff wrote:Avian flesh, and/or feathers, are for those with jaundiced and jaded palates.

i,m your huckleberry
Be that the case, cus, a jaded palate can always be reeducated. ;-))
Cousin Fluff

Jaysen

Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:23 pm Post

In this particular case, the ... perpetrator ... was an orange tiger who lives across the street. He is quite the manly cat, procuring fresh meat from several species. Fowl, rodent, pisces. I admire his willingness to take risks in his attempts to impress his lady.

his lady is a persian with a grey saddle. She gets the bounty of his efforts. She defends her couch, forbidding the enterprising tom from obtaining any rest or comfort from it. She does allow him access to the deck rail and window sill. She is becoming slightly obese from his offerings. We know it is fat and not kittens as she was ... how shall I put it so as to avoid offending your sensibilities ... medically made infertile (poor girl).

pigfender

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:51 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Everyone always blames Fluff, when we all know who the real culprit is.

NANOBOTS?!

Jaysen wrote:We are all ramblings of Mr K's mind.

There's a good chance that it's Vic that is the normal one. It's everyone else that keeps hallucinating these other manifestations.

Fluff wrote:Avian flesh

I am rather partial to chicken and turkey, and have been known to eat duck on occasion. I should probably not (but will) confess that I have also eaten pigeon. It had been plucked and cooked, of course. So, no tell-tale feathers in the corner of my mouth.
It was... quite possibly... one of the tastiest bites of food I have ever eaten.
Naturally, given the size, it was pretty much just that one bite.

nom wrote:sadly, it seems you missed out on the last spot this year

Actually, Glam has been in touch and let me know that they are sadly no longer able to take part. So there is still that one place left available...

ONE PLACE LEFT.

r6d2

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:38 am Post

pigfender wrote:ONE PLACE LEFT.

Just in case the space is not filled up, I suggest we use AmberV's Write-My-Book(tm) button to provide for the missing chapter. :)

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:08 am Post

'Scyoos me please! I'd just like to point out, that
r6d2 wrote:AmberV's Write-My-Book(tm) button
is nothing more than a feeble inferior rip off, imitation of a long proselytised feature concept of mine!!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23224&p=152804&hilit=Bodice+ripper#p152804

Vic