Novel-in-a-Day 3: With a Vengeance

Daurmith
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:13 pm Post

Just sent it! Now in panic mode "I should have changed this thing and written that other thing differently".

Daurmith

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:13 pm Post

Just sent it! Now in panic mode "I should have changed this thing and written that other thing differently".

Montree_Whiles
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:15 pm Post

Is anyone else having trouble with navigating the forum today? I keep getting the error below. Started up about a few hours ago:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0 [2013]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Re
Reliquary

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with navigating the forum today? I keep getting the error below. Started up about a few hours ago:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 0 [2013]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Yep, very annoying...

Montree_Whiles

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm Post

Reliquary, I'm in good company then.

Reliquary wrote:Yep, very annoying...

About a the halfway mark now, increasing the stride and feeling that runner's high. With any luck, proofreading/editing commences in about 45 min.

Montree_Whiles

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 pm Post

Reliquary, I'm in good company then.

Reliquary wrote:Yep, very annoying...

About a the halfway mark now, increasing the stride and feeling that runner's high. With any luck, proofreading/editing commences in about 45 min.

Montree_Whiles

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:51 pm Post

btw, the countdown link in my packet doesn't work. sigh.

VDGriesdoorn

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:55 pm Post

On the home stretch. Just a quick read-through after. Been editing as I went. Maybe an hour.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:55 pm Post

[quote="Montree_Whiles]countdown link[/quote]

The countdown link in your packet would tell you that you have 7 minutes to the soft deadline.

Which means that anyone left now (most of us - including me, of course) only gets the basic top and tail review or anything that really jumps of the page at me, continuity wise.

FAR fewer questions this year. What do people think? Did it hit a sweet spot of information, or were there less questions because it was too prescriptive?

homeport

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:03 pm Post

In done sent by skin of my teeth where is that wine.:)

homeport

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:04 pm Post

Montree_Whiles wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with navigating the forum today? I keep getting the error below. Started up about a few hours ago:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Yes and gmail and google are causing me problems too

homeport

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:08 pm Post

pigfender wrote:[quote="Montree_Whiles]countdown link[/quote]

The countdown link in your packet would tell you that you have 7 minutes to the soft deadline.

Which means that anyone left now (most of us - including me, of course) only gets the basic top and tail review or anything that really jumps of the page at me, continuity wise.

FAR fewer questions this year. What do people think? Did it hit a sweet spot of information, or were there less questions because it was too prescriptive?[/quote]

I thought the pack was perfect, I could have asked for more information but you know its part of the fun, trying to work out what you need to put in it, I am not saying I got it right, but I have enjoyed today. You have done a brilliant job :)

KB
Site Admin

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:28 pm Post

Just got mine in, late as usual - let me know if you haven't received it, Pigfender!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Montree_Whiles

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:31 pm Post

homeport wrote:Yes and gmail and google are causing me problems too

No problems with gmail or google, thankfully. So, didn't get an answer on my previous question, is there a title yet for the results of this endeavor? I suspect "With a Vengeance" but didn't want to assume since I'm not finding confirmation in my packet.

I love the way the info was presented this year. In spite of my visual limitations, I'm running into few problems sticking to my script. I had to ask only one question, for which I had a work-around before I got an answer. No problems there. And, the old complaint is taking a back seat to the fun of the day and content to be the loser.

I'm behind the power curve as far as the "soft" and gushy deadline, but have made it up with the increased stride and won't be the last in this year, I hope.

Please refresh my memory as to who the go-to person is for a little additional review?
Last edited by Montree_Whiles on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ro
Rollerdiva

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm Post

bout an hour away - 1400 words done

Really enjoying writing this one! Wish I'd come up with the story so I could finish it..

Blast you and your good ideas Rog..