Novel-in-a-Day (NIAD)... Day

ma
matt

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:20 pm Post

Depends whether they are late, or have had no contact at all.

Let me guess, we are missing:
The Introduction
The Fire
The Plot Twist
The Puzzle Solved
The Climax

That's five sections, right?

ob
obscura
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 pm Post

[quote="matt"][quote="obscura"]I agree it was fun, just realised I wrote mine as though it was the first time we meet Dr Warne. All these continuity errors are going to be hilarious....[/quote]

Don't worry, I barely introduced her in my bit, which was the first time we did meet her. You can't have got the character that different.

Matt[/quote]

Oh good! I only included one sentence of description in mine too, the rest dialogue. It's just that sentence is written as though we're seeing her for the first time. Poor Lisa, I hope someone else has done her justice :)

ma
matt

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 pm Post

[quote="pigfender"]On the plus side, I'm supposed to be playing American Football in 12.5 hours. What could possibly go wrong?[/quote]

Nothing much could go wrong, other than you picked a rather boring sport to begin with.

I mean, you guys where so much padding, you couldn't possibly get hurt, right???

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:28 pm Post

OKAY, I'm off to get me last train home.
See you all on the otherside.

ma
matt

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm Post

[quote="obscura"]Oh good! I only included one sentence of description in mine too, the rest dialogue. It's just that sentence is written as though we're seeing her for the first time. Poor Lisa, I hope someone else has done her justice :)[/quote]

My main concern is where the pictures came from. I hope I didn't insult someone's family member for the sake of a joke about appearance!

pigfender

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:30 pm Post

Presumably some of you recognised at least some of the pictures

ma
matt

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:34 pm Post

Hang on, they're real people? Not people involved in this project or anything? Do they know their pictures were used?

mi
michaelbywater

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 pm Post

Didn't recognise my picture of the detective. But tremendous fun. Much better than sitting around trying to write stagecraft. And I wrote the opening chapter so I can snigger at everyone else (No no, that's not how it goes AT ALL, dear).

A good wheeze. When can we do another one?

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:40 pm Post

There were pictures? So I shouldn't have given Dr Warne pink hair and made Nick Japanese?
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ma
matt

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:44 pm Post

[quote="michaelbywater"]Didn't recognise my picture of the detective. But tremendous fun. Much better than sitting around trying to write stagecraft. And I wrote the opening chapter so I can snigger at everyone else (No no, that's not how it goes AT ALL, dear).

A good wheeze. When can we do another one?[/quote]

Next time, we should create a wiki to share information as we add it in. You get in first with a fact (eg. Season, office. Pink hair) then it becomes lore.

That would save pigfender from getting 900 emails he can't answer because someone else will be writing that bit.

Might make it more manageable to run.

Matt

pa
padaro
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:49 pm Post

I was a little late getting my submission in -- but then, I received the materials a few minutes late, too. I don't know what my Chapter name was, unless it was Tuesday Morning. This was wonderful fun. Wish I could do this again. Can't wait to read the entire story.

This has been a good kick in the behind for NaNoWriMo

[quote="matt"]Depends whether they are late, or have had no contact at all.

Let me guess, we are missing:
The Introduction
The Fire
The Plot Twist
The Puzzle Solved
The Climax

That's five sections, right?[/quote]

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:54 pm Post

So when do those of us who have simply been lurking here, reveling in the madness that we cowardly did not participate in, get to read the finished work? All these ghosts and fires and psychiatrists have me greatly intrigued. :)
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

pigfender

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:55 pm Post

Some people got their briefs a couple of hours late, I'm afraid so technically you could keep going for another hour, Keith!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:00 am Post

KB wrote:There were pictures? So I shouldn't have given Dr Warne pink hair and made Nick Japanese?

Speaking of Nick.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

pigfender

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:07 am Post

[quote="matt"]Hang on, they're real people? Not people involved in this project or anything? Do they know their pictures were used?[/quote]

Garrett Hedlund personally agreed to lend his likeness to Michael as he know KB was such a fan of his performance in Tron Legacy.