Formatting Notes

Ko
Kozmic Kettle
Platform: Windows

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:22 pm Post

Having used Scapple a lot, if there are any future updates, can I please request the ability to make multiple formatting changes to a note at the same time.

At the moment, if I want to change the formatting on a note so that it has bold text, a square 3 px border, and the box is filled red, I currently have to select the note I want to change, open the formatting menu, select FONT then BOLD … then the formatting menu automatically closes so I have to open the formatting menu again, select BORDER and change the thickness … then the formatting menu automatically closes again, so I have to reopen the formatting menu for the third time, re select the BORDER menu I was just on to change the shape … then go through the whole process again in order to change the colour … :?

It would be much easier if I could just select a note or notes, then open the formatting menu once and tick several options at the same time to format everything in one go.

Thanks
Sean

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm Post

There are two features designed precisely for this sort of task:

• Styles: for the stuff you tend to apply repetitively over and over, particularly if there is a good name for the kind of thing the formatting is meant to represent. Select an example note, use the Format ▸ Note Style ▸ New Note Style from Selection menu command, and set up what should be saved about it.
  • Copy & Paste Formatting: for cases where you want to apply a note’s formatting to several other notes, but don’t intend to do so frequently, there are the Format ▸ Note Style ▸ Copy Note Style and  ▸ Paste Note Style commands.

In both cases, select all of the target notes at once, and use either the style menu or the paste command to batch apply the formatting.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ko
Kozmic Kettle
Platform: Windows

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am Post

Thanks for the response. Will try that.