Feature request: labeled connections

TH
THX1138
Platform: Windows

Wed May 21, 2014 7:46 am Post

Hi,
I'm using Scapple to map the interactions and relations between people and groups in my story. (see attachment) Right now it means that I have to create two connections and an extra note to have a labeled connection.

How about having the possibility to "label" a connection that then creates the same thing :
* floating text attached to the connection
* the position of the text along the connection can be changed
* if the orientation of the connection changes , the text moves too
Attachments
labeled connections.png
labeled connections.png (5 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
try everything twice

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed May 21, 2014 5:55 pm Post

Here is a prior post: Label the arrows.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ad
adammontville
Platform: Mac

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 pm Post

I second this request. Having labels on connections establishes relationships between ideas. The workflow of adding notes to the connecting lines is less than ideal and can cause issues when importing into Scrivener.

AmberV

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:21 am Post

Please do not post "votes" for features, this is against the forum rules. Keith will decide whether or not to include a feature based on its merits, not how many votes it has. Thanks. :)
Ioa Petra'ka

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:20 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Please do not post "votes" for features, this is against the forum rules. Keith will decide whether or not to include a feature based on its merits, not how many votes it has. Thanks. :)

I know I tread on dangerous ground here, but I don't think the response was a "vote". At least not in the obnoxious
+1 bro!

that we normally see. The inclusion of a rational "why" make this more of an "ancillary supporting deposition of usefulness" which many of the long support/wish-list threads imply is an acceptable form of support.

I think I was just supportive of someone. What is wrong with me? I need a nap.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

AmberV

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:47 am Post

Well all right, it isn’t a “+1”. :) But this has been discussed several times in the past (here and here). Basically it’s not an easy thing to add, the whole framework doesn’t support the notion, but it is on the list of things to consider for the future.
Ioa Petra'ka

Jaysen

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:28 pm Post

As to the requested feature... I could care less. I just thought the post was not the vote and was employing "mediocre civil unrest" at the idea that it was considered such

:P

Take that!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:37 pm Post

Jaysen wrote: I could care less.
I always suspected that under your case-hardened, tungsten steel exterior, dwelt a gentle, caring type. aww … bless :D
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Er
Erik99
Platform: Windows

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:26 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Well all right, it isn’t a “+1”. :) But this has been discussed several times in the past (here and here). Basically it’s not an easy thing to add, the whole framework doesn’t support the notion, but it is on the list of things to consider for the future.

I am new here, but from what I can see, Connection Labels have been added after all in version 1.3 of Scapple.
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/latest/scapple-1-3-released
At least they have if you run on Mac.

Is there any plan to do the same thing on PC or is it still stuck on "Version: 1.0.0.0 - 08 Oct 2013" indefinitely?

Thanks

J

AmberV

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 pm Post

Yes, we will be updating Scapple for Windows once Scrivener 3 is done.
Ioa Petra'ka

auxbuss
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:08 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote: I could care less.
I always suspected that under your case-hardened, tungsten steel exterior, dwelt a gentle, caring type. aww … bless :D

David Mitchell's classic – on behalf of the Queen – on this is masterly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw