I don't like it. :(

Ed
Eddy
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:59 am Post

InklingBooks wrote:If anyone likes creating folder icons, they might make some us happy by creating several sets:

* A Roman numeral set through perhaps XX. That'd handle book parts.

I can't say I really like creating icons but I can see a use for the Roman numerals in particular, so here is a set from I - XX :)

I've also included a 'To Do Pending' icon, which is the same as the existing 'To Do' icon but without the check in the box.

To install, unpack the .png files in the zip file into ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/Icons
If the 'Icons' directory does not exist in ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener, then create it.
Scrivener should pick the new ones up immediately, you won't have to restart (nice one Keith!)

They look like this - I'm no graphic artist and I had to squeeze them into the 16x16 space a bit but hopefully they'll do the job:

Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 12.25.02.png
Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 12.25.02.png (37.85 KiB) Viewed 1125 times

Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 12.25.28.png
Screen shot 2010-11-11 at 12.25.28.png (5.25 KiB) Viewed 1125 times

Enjoy :)

Eddy

PS: I'm happy to tweak/add to them if its not too involved - let me know.
Attachments
EddyIcons.zip
(63.08 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
"Writerʼs block is just a symptom of feeling like you have nothing to say, combined with the rather weird idea that you SHOULD feel the need to say something." - Hugh MacLeod

alexwein

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:46 am Post

Nice, Eddy, thanks! They look great!
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

Ed
Eddy

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:21 pm Post

Thanks! I'm glad you like them :D

Eddy
"Writerʼs block is just a symptom of feeling like you have nothing to say, combined with the rather weird idea that you SHOULD feel the need to say something." - Hugh MacLeod

jo
joshua

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:12 pm Post

I recently upgraded to 2.0 and I am still learning about its new features, many of which I will probably never use. But I find it absurd that anyone could dismiss such a powerful tool simply because they do not like the appearance of a few toolbar buttons, and use the word "HATE" to express their disapproval.

No software is for everyone; that is why there is such a variety of programs available. The developers of 2.0 poured two years of their energies into a device with every conceivable tool for the serious writer and the novice alike, and they have come up with a masterpiece. As I read the tutorial and try out the features, I am amazed that anyone could accomplish so much in only two years.

No one would suggest that everyone is required to fall in love with any software, and constructive criticism has always been welcome on this forum (I have done my share). But it can only be described as unconscionable rudeness to treat someone's work with such disdain over a relatively minor item. I am sure the developers, particularly KB, realize the vast majority of his patrons are blown away by their impressive achievement.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:37 am Post

Thanks, Joshua! :) Even more amazing is that there is only one single developer. Yeah, I debate and fester and evaluate stuff before it hits the public eye, but there's just one guy doing the coding and that's Keith.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles