Announcement of 3.1.2

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:33 pm Post

In the announcement of the improvements in 3.1.2, the following statements sound potentially inconsistent and a possible source of confusion to me:

- When the Java-based Aspose converters for creating Word and Office files fail, Scrivener now shows a message to warn the user that Apple’s more basic converters will be used instead.

- When the Aspose converters fail, Scrivener now falls back on the in-house converter rather than the low-fidelity Apple converter.

Are the statements saying, as they appear to be, that when the Aspose converters fail, the programme will show a message that Apple's converters will be used - but then they won't be used?
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:43 am Post

Sorry for the month-late reply! I missed this. The release notes are written in chronological order, so occasionally something supersedes something from earlier and I miss updating the earlier entry. In this case, the message actually now says that a "different" converter will be used rather than specifying Apple's more basic converters, so the the user knows the Java converters have failed.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."