Compare Documents Feature Missing

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:59 pm Post

That is to say, as long as I follow proper workflows it’s a great program, but when I deviate I find myself in software hell.

Isn’t that how all software works? :) I mean, Scrivener is quite a bit more flexible than most programs—especially these days, where you get ten features if you’re lucky and nothing else outside of that works at all, but no matter how deep the program, if you use it in a fashion it isn’t designed to be used, you’re bound to run into friction.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:34 pm Post

gerardw wrote:Having used Scrivener for a couple months (after figuring out horrendous it was to try to write in Microsoft Word), I've noted that it works really well but fails miserably. That is to say, as long as I follow proper workflows it's a great program, but when I deviate I find myself in software hell.
Hi Gerard,

Your lack of specificity makes this post a fairly useless thing, in that nothing is gained by it: L&L can't improve their product, other posters can't assist you with possible solutions/workarounds to your challenges, and you remain in software hell. :evil:

But if you ever want to actually improve your situation, then you should create a post detailing your challenge and upload a screenshot to show us what you're seeing. Odds are very high you'll receive some helpful responses. :)

Best,
Jim
I’m just a customer.