Image background for Composition/Full Screen on MAC V. 3.0

Kirstie_Earlene
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:30 pm Post

Hi,

I just switched over to the new 3.0 version and was wondering if it is still possible to set a single image as a background for compose/fullscreen mode. I am getting an error when I attempt to do this by changing the Screen Background texture that tells me the file is too large.
Am I missing a setting location or is this feature really gone?? I have been through the manual and this was the only option I saw. I also searched the forums but didn't turn up anything useful.

This feature was one of my favorite parts of Scrivener because I could set the tone for a scene with the picture.

If this is not an option right now do you plan to re-introduce it???? If not I'll probably re-install the old version because that was one of the best things about the program (outside of the myriad awesome drafting features.)

Thanks so much!!

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 pm Post

Hi,

It's still there, but it is now under Project > Project Settings (in the "Background Images" pane).

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Kirstie_Earlene
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:00 pm Post

Hi Keith,

Thanks so much! You've got a super relieved writer over here!! :D :D :D

Thanks again!
Kirstie