Change Character count target sound

uhu
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:57 pm Post

Hej,

a fancy adjustment: Is it possible to assign a custom sound to the Character Count notification?

And another one: Would it be possible to assign a colour change of the character count status bar at 1/3 and 2/3? Since these are often significant steps in storytelling values, this might be interesting.
Book on Jugger, download for free –- a real-world post-apocalyptic sport :: twitter :: writing factbooks, novels and SciFi series books with Scrivener

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:32 am Post

If you’re using Growl already, yes (I wouldn’t recommend starting use now, as it has become a source of instability and will be removed in the future). Otherwise, no, Apple doesn’t feel users should have any say in what notifications sound like, universally or per application. I suppose there might be a way to hack in your own audio file wherever the Notifications file exists, but I haven’t looked into it lately. It used to be you could change the “Basso.aiff” file (which would of course change the Basso noise system-wide), but I don’t think Notifications uses that one any more.

I'll put in a note to consider more state colours on the progress bar. What should they be called, the Act I and Act II colours? :lol:
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

uhu
Platform: Mac

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:47 am Post

Okay, thanks for the answer. Apple has been annoying with their hard-to-customize sound sets since OS 9 ...

And yes, exactly! Act one, two, three it :D
Book on Jugger, download for free –- a real-world post-apocalyptic sport :: twitter :: writing factbooks, novels and SciFi series books with Scrivener