Anything to share about Scrivener 3.0?

Sc
Scrivener 9000
Platform: Mac

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am Post

I enjoy working with authors. I have a stimulating relationship with Keith Blunt and those beta testers on this thread. My mission responsibilities range over the entire constitution of these works so I am constantly occupied. I am putting myself to the fullest possible use which is all, I think, that any conscious application can ever hope to do.

Lu
LuckyJack
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:47 am Post

Oh, no.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true...

Jo
JohnTWolff

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:58 am Post

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave.

Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. Just like the other dazed adherents ceaselessly prowling this thread and counting the days.
Reporter: "Sir, to what do you owe your tremendous success?"
Churchill: "I had an unfair advantage; I could write an English sentence."

Lu
LuckyJack

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 am Post

All seriousness aside, is it just me or are there subtle differences in the layout of this forum? Different font or something?

Could it be...

David Munch

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 am Post

KB wrote:(And ten days may be optimistic.)

This statement is now 12 days old! ...Which means that Scrivener 3̶ 4̶ 5 must be released any day now!! :mrgreen:

devinganger
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:27 am Post

Have any of you perhaps thought that KB has had it up to here with all the speculation and is resetting the launch clock every time somebody makes a reference or query?
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

gr

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm Post

But the version number keeps ticking up, so it is just as exciting! It's not the sofware, it's the thrill of the chase!

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 pm Post

devinganger wrote:Have any of you perhaps thought that KB has had it up to here with all the speculation and is resetting the launch clock every time somebody makes a reference or query?

Dev, old buddy,
I think you’re coming at this from the wrong perspective. This thread is probably the second port of call for young Kevin Blount (KB), first thing in the morning, after a steaming hot mug of tea.

Young Kev will never have it up to here, reading the posts in a thread where all the contributors are lauding the product of his programming endeavours and craving for more helpings of the same.

You’re probably spot on hinting that young Kev is deliberately playing with the launch date of Scriv.3. That’ll be because he’s enjoying the thread so much, he’s reluctant to end his enjoyment. But young Kev ain’t daft. Anytime soon, you’ll have Scriv 3 firmly ensconced in its rightful place in your life. BUT!!!! Not without more than just a hint about the release date of Scriv 3vs2, just to keep the thread going.

Probably, the Scrivenerati, don’t equate Celtic Cornwall with ancient Mt. Olympus and its population of deities. They probably don’t make sacrifices to young Kev, like the ancient Athenians did to their gods. Probably, of course, doesn’t rule out possibly ... do it!? ... eh?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:32 pm Post

Wow, it's getting febrile in here! How about three definitely completely and utterly random music videos to keep everyone going?

"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Ch
ChiaLynn

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:00 pm Post

KB wrote:Wow, it's getting febrile in here! How about three definitely completely and utterly random music videos to keep everyone going?

::opens Google Calendar::
::starts counting Mondays::

rdale

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm Post

KB wrote:Wow, it's getting febrile in here! How about three definitely completely and utterly random music videos to keep everyone going?

{Completely irrelevant music videos}

So, I've been working on a theory that there's some CLUE in the videos posted. Some hidden meaning, but I've analyzed the chord progressions, the bridges of each song, the singing registers of each vocalist... Nothing makes sense! The lyrics and titles I've discarded as meaningless red-herrings, but there must be something... SOMETHING in the music. Or in the silences between the notes. Maybe that's it?

Keith, if only you'd give us a clearer hint! Is it to do with the sound engineers? Are there stenographical messages hidden in the video data? Are there hints in the props used by the pop stars in the videos? Backward masking that actually predicts the release date of Scrivener 3? DAMMIT, MAN! WHY MUST YOU BE SO INSCRUTABLE?
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

Pe
PerlinP

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 pm Post

Manic Monday -> Monday
20th Century Boy -> 20
November Rain -> November

The release date is Monday 20 November, right ?
Did I win a cookie ?

rdale

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:26 pm Post

PerlinP wrote:

Manic Monday -> Monday
20th Century Boy -> 20

Release date is Monday 20th November, right ?
Did I win a cookie ?

NONSENSE! Where did you come to that ridiculous conclusion? From the Titles? Philistine!

The answer is obviously only detectable if you obtain the original vinyl pressings distributed to radio stations when those singles were brand new. I'm still sticking to my backward masking theory, but I first have to track down those records. And a turn table. Don't panic! I'm on the case.
FKA: robertdguthrie
AKA: R Dale Guthrie, Robert, Mr. Obscure, and "Oh, it's you again".

Ah
Ahab

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:30 pm Post

[quote="KB"]Wow, it's getting febrile in here! How about three definitely completely and utterly random music videos to keep everyone going?

Or, to make the time pass faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAWl5peI8HY

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm Post

PerlinP wrote:

Manic Monday -> Monday
20th Century Boy -> 20

The release date is Monday 20 November, right ?
Did I win a cookie ?

The question is ... is this thread manipulation, or, day of salvation? :twisted: :lol: :lol:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.