Feature Request: Title for background shape

latinmusePTY
Platform: Windows

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm Post

I have a set of notes (three in my current case) and then selected the menu item "Surround with Background Shape" which basically surrounds the notes I selected with a background shape around them. Sure, it is nice but this functionality seems a bit broken.

Firstly, if I move the background shape the notes that it surrounded stayed behind when as a user I expect them to be moved along the background shape by default.

Secondly, the background shape fulfills a certain function and usually one wants to associate something to it, like a title "Opening Scene" or "Clues" or whatever. Currently the only way to do that is by creating yet another note (when it is not really a note) to hold the title. But as explained in the previous paragraph, this "title" workaround also stays behind when moving the background shape. It would be nice that the user could add a short title to the background shape. This BG shape title could be rendered in a stylish way, for example on the upper left of the background shape as a rectangle with a notch or something appealing.

RH
RHarvey
Platform: Windows

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:51 am Post

latinmusePTY wrote:Firstly, if I move the background shape the notes that it surrounded stayed behind when as a user I expect them to be moved along the background shape by default.

Apologises for being late to the party, but this at least might be useful to a casual viewer of this thread.

If you right-click in the background box you will see at the bottom of the list the 'Magnetic' option. Click this and the bubbles within the background box will stay in place if you move it around. That said, you can still move the bubbles within the background box if you so desire.