Bug and comment.

Al
Alex Blair
Platform: Windows

Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 pm Post

Thank you for doing this product line. It is immensely helpful.
While I am on that.
I appreciate your non psychotic licensing methods.
I am constantly changing laptops due to my paycheck job.
I have reinstalled scrivener numerous times and never had an issue.
I only have it on one computer at a time.. but its often not that easy with other software.
Thank you.

Bug: Scapple. When I delete objects they often dont disappear. This can be fixed by clicking and dragging over them with an empty box or dragging another item over the top.

Request. I know you know your market. Mind Mapping software.. But please keep in mind functionality in products like thebrain and xmind. both are very similar to scapple and have a few options that would greatly enhance.. one in particular i would like to see would be some pre done graphics like flow chart items, icons of men, women,cops, murder, etc. as well as something that was able to create a simple template for a three act structure.

Love your products. They are useful and fun to use.
I still though dont like how the name generator works on Windows Scrivener...
But your customer service reply was clear, to the point, prompt and to the point.
Thank you again,
Alex Blair, A loyal customer.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:45 am Post

Thanks for the feedback! Scapple's licencing will work the same as Scrivener's, so you shouldn't have any trouble with it.

Could you provide some further details about deleting the notes? How are you deleting them? I'm not able to reproduce this issue at all and haven't seen any other reports of it. Selecting a note and pressing the Delete key should just immediately delete it. What version of Windows are you using? Are you running under a virtual machine or anything of that sort?

Including icons and graphics is rather beyond the scope of Scapple, which isn't meant to compete with mind mapping software precisely but to offer an alternative to their more rigid constraints. Some users will still want to work with both, starting in the completely freeform Scapple and then moving with a bit more organisation to other software that offers more of a structured map for presentations, and that's great. You can of course drag and drop images onto the board, so you could certainly still create something like this on your own, even making your own template by setting up a board the way you'd want as your start point, maybe with the graphics included for easy duplication, and then just saving that and using it to create a new board either with Save As from within Scapple or by copying the file in Windows Explorer, renaming it, and opening it directly.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Al
Alex Blair

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:49 pm Post

I will get on today and try to shoot a green grab of the error.

Al
Alex Blair

Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:40 pm Post

No I am running a straight Sony Vaio notebook with windows 7.
I tried to get it to do it while recording with snagit and couldnt get it to do it.
Then, five minutes after I stopped it did it again.
Basically it appears to delete it but the screen doesn't refresh??
As once you put anything over it, it disappears.
And if you only cover it partially, it only erases the covered part...

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm Post

Are you taking any different steps leading up to the deletion that might be triggering the bug sometimes? Selecting the note a different way or moving other notes first, scrolling the board a certain way, etc. If you can find a definite case where this is always reproducing, that would be very helpful, as we're a bit at a loss to find the problem here.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Al
Alex Blair

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 am Post

Ok, I will sit down with snagit and record my work till it happens!! :)
Once again, huge fan of Scrivener & Scapple now.
Alex