SHAPES within SHAPES bug? (nifty shapes turn gray)

sj
sjk
Platform: Windows

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 am Post

hello,

got beta 0901.. and am no longer able to move a smaller background shape into a larger shape by selecting and dragging. selecting and dragging turns the larger shape gray and creates a link. still possible to make the move with alt+m but its not as handy. bug?

thanks.
windows 7 pro, 64bit, 8gb, amd e2-1800 apu w radeon hd graphics, 1.70 ghz
scrivener 1 6 1 0 , scapple 1 0 0 0

ga
gab

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 am Post

observed the same bug
Samsung 900X3D
Win 7

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 am Post

This is not a bug; dragging and dropping a shape into another shape creates a link (indicated by the grey shading). I think I addressed this in the previous thread here; the back to front ordering and Bring Forward/Send to Back commands mentioned are all fixed in 0.9.0.1.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

ga
gab

Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 am Post

OK, thanks I see, that it is possible to move a shape inside when selecting all of it. However there seems to be a few other difficulties: It is not possible to move an empty shape inside another shape. And when moving a shapes with notes inside I cannot move it out of the shape again, oh I just found out that is because the smaller shape was magnetic as well and moved the larger shape outside it as well, so thats more of a feature I suppose.
Samsung 900X3D
Win 7

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:03 am Post

You can't drag and drop an empty shape into a larger shape, but you can move it in with the arrow keys. Drag and drop it so just the edge of it is outside the note (giving you an area to drop wtihout creating a link) and then use the arrow keys (+Shift) in movement mode to position it the rest of the way.

Yes, if the shape is magnetic, then it will pull along with it anything that overlaps, so just toggle that off to move the shape out or to reposition it within the larger shape.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)