Bug report: Nested Background Shapes

Wh
Whizzo1300
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:21 pm Post

Scenario: Several subgroups of text notes each contained within their own background shape (magnetic) bounded by a "master" backround shape (magnetic) i.e. nested

Issue: Behaviour of some background shapes becomes unpredictable. For example one or more of the following symptoms:

1) Can't click to select (unless the master background shape is removed)
2) Can't drag to connect to the background shape (but can drag to the notes contained within it)
3) Can drag the background shape to another shape/background shape to connect ... but not vice versa

Please note this is not consistent within the master background shape. Some subgroups behave as expected. Occasionally one starts being naughty. As far as I can tell removing the master background shape restores normal behaviour. It's almost as though there's a layering issue i.e. a specific subgroup becomes masked by the master background shape (although confusingly the contained notes are still selectable)

My guess is this relates to the order items are created but I can't see any obvious pattern.

Version: 0.1.0.2. beta

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:58 pm Post

Thanks, we've addressed this for the next update, correcting the front-to-back order of the shapes and the Bring to Front/Send to Back commands.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)