BACKGROUND SHAPES resize awry (shapes gone wild)

sj
sjk
Platform: Windows

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:20 pm Post

hello,

great product scapple and i am using it more and more.

got some unexpected effects resizing background shapes. whittled away the chaff and arrived at a simple way i can recreate the effect everytime:

-on new canvas zoom out, lets say to the point where initial words on screen get unreadable.
-create new background shape and move to upper left corner.
-create new background shape (or note) close to bottom right corner. both shapes on same screen.
-upper left shape: resize it by dragging bottom edge down and then back to original shape. works fine.
-now zoom in and shift over so that only the upper left shape is completely visible on your screen.
-upper left shape: resize it by dragging bottom edge down and the fun begins!

on my screen the bottom edge jets down to more or less the same horizontal level as the bottom shape or new note. and then refuses to get reshaped unless i zoom out and the companion shape appears on the same screen. huh.

unexpected effect!

searched the forum for mention of this effect and did not find any. my apologies if it has been addressed.

thanks for the good work.
windows 7 pro, 64bit, 8gb, amd e2-1800 apu w radeon hd graphics, 1.70 ghz
scrivener 1 6 1 0 , scapple 1 0 0 0

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:46 pm Post

Thanks for the report; I've reproduced this and will ensure it gets on the fix-list!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

el
ellarien
Platform: Linux + Windows

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:08 am Post

This sounds as though it may be related to the misbehaviour I noted under "Some Zoom Issues" early on, which seems to have got lost in the shuffle. My impression at the time was that any attempt to vertically resize a shape that was partly outside the visible area would cause unexpected jumping of the edge being dragged, but (in 1.02?) it isn't completely predictable - sometimes I have trouble when the shape is initially within the screen but is being extended in a direction that might take it off, as if the screen is trying to scroll with my dragging, and sometimes it works smoothly even when the region is partly off screen.

MimeticMouton

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:32 pm Post

Sorry to have missed your earlier post, ellarien. I believe this is the same bug; I did some other testing with it when submitting the report and experienced most of what you're describing. Give it a go when we get the next beta out and see if you're still having the resizing issues.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

el
ellarien
Platform: Linux + Windows

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56 am Post

Thank you! It works much better in the new (.9.0.1) release.

MimeticMouton

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:12 pm Post

Thanks for confirming!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)