Errors Launching Scapple on Startup

do
dolpfin220
Platform: Mac

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:06 pm Post

I've been working with eSellerate support for since the end up June regarding eSellerate error messages when I the program starts with my computer startup. As I've done with Scrivener for years for years, I've been leaving the program open when I shut down my computer so it opens to my last location automatically when my computer starts up. Although I have never had issues with Scrivener doing this, with Scapple I've been getting Error -2005, -2009 and occasionally -2003.

We've tried multiple things to resolve this, including deleting the program running a RegFix file, deleting library folders, etc. (My original download was with the Beta, before purchasing through the website when it became available... I did not have these issues with the original trial install during Beta.)

I received a new RegFix file to try one last time to resolve the situation with the advice that I wouldn't be able to shut down my computer with the program open after this unless I wanted to click the Register button each time my computer started. After doing so this time, I can no longer use the program at all, even after redownloading and reinstalling it. When I try to open the program, I get Error -2003 with the message my trial has expired but the only thing I get when I click the Register button is another Error -2003. The only button that seems to get me somewhere is the Quit button... not what I want to do....

I've sent another reply back to Jeremy at eSellerate, who has been very patient in trying to get this resolved, about this latest development but I've gotten to the end of my rope with not being able to open the program at all now. It's made the inconvenience of having to Register every time my computer started a minor inconvenience.

Suggestions?

KB
Site Admin

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:15 pm Post

[Moved to Scapple Beta Testing (Windows) forum.]
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:09 pm Post

Sorry to hear you've been having such difficulties. To be clear, you've registered both Scrivener and Scapple on your machine (or have at least tried to register)? What OS version are you using?
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

do
dolpfin220

Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:53 am Post

Update: After 3 months of back and forth with eSellerate support, it was determined this is an issue with eSellerate not being able to consistently recognize the licenses for both applications when both are set to open with my computer's startup. Doing so corrupts the one of the two licenses and the license has to be resubmitted. Apparently, the only true resolution is to purchase the Mac App store version of one of the two programs so there isn't a conflict. I'm on a Mac OSX operating system.