Scapple and WINE for Linux

le
lecrapaud
Platform: Windows

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:49 pm Post

Hello
I'm using Linux an i've tried Scrivener with WINE. It works very nicely. I'm wondering order Scapple, which sound very interessing, but i don't know if it works with WINE. Did anyone tried this option?

thanks for your answers.

regards

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:57 pm Post

I don’t have an answer for you, but while you’re waiting for someone who does to reply, why don’t you download the free Scapple trial and see for yourself if it works?

Best,
Jim
I’m just a customer.

St
StarDog2

Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:08 pm Post

I've just installed Wine on a new Linux Mint installation.in an effort to save a still viable but elderly laptop that was choking on Win10. Scapple is one of the Apps I intend to try along with Scrivener and Atomic Scribbler. I should be able to report on my experience in a couple of days. BTW, if you still have access to a Windows (or Mac machine, I assume) Scapple is well worth the small amount of money it costs.

This reddit response has heartened me considerably:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux4noobs/co ... derlaptop/

St
StarDog2

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:54 pm Post

I regret to say that I have been unable to get Scapple to work with Wine. But I AM a newbie to Linux and Wine. I hope someone with more Linux and Wine experience will give it a go.

garpu
Platform: Linux

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:46 am Post

Are you trying to integrate Scapple with Scrivener? That can have issues, and I don't think the drag and drop function ever worked properly. You can export the map and import that into scrivener just fine. But I use Scapple all the time. What's the issue you're having? You shouldn't need any special overrides for Scapple.
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

le
lecrapaud

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:55 am Post

ok
i've just find that there were a trial version. So i'll get my answer by my own.
I'll post a report when i've done testing.

regards