Feature request: Auto-connect new stacked nodes

tm
tmanasa
Platform: Mac

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:40 pm Post

Keith, I create many "lists" of nodes, the elements of which are all connecting to some parent node. Right now, I Command-Enter to create the list and then have to connect them all to the parent.

Is there a way, or could there be a way, to make each stacked node I create to inherit the connection from the previous node I created?

For example, if I'm creating a list of characters that should appear in a particular scene, and I connect the first character node to the scene node, each subsequent character I list using Command-Enter would also be connected to the scene node using the same kind of connection (dotted, arrowed, etc).

I find myself doing this ALL the time and would love a way to make it automatic.

Maybe Command-Option-Enter?

LOVE SCAPPLE.
Join the Superfluid Thinking mailing list!

http://eepurl.com/3jPg

Spitfire31

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 am Post

A workaround: First create the list of Characters, then select all of them and drag to the Scene node?

/Joachim

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 am Post

Something that strikes me about your description is that it sounds like you are stating the same thing more than once. You've got a connection line pointing to the first item in the stack (or list), and since the list is "a thing", of its own, wouldn't that single connection line be enough to establish that all of the characters in that stack are associated with that scene? To put it another way, if you were doing this on paper, why would you make a list of characters involved in a scene, and then draw an arrow from each character back to the scene? Wouldn't you just draw an arrow from the list of characters to the scene?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are going for, though.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles