Feature Request - Shift Modifier Constrains X & Y movement

Fl
Floating.Point
Platform: Mac

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am Post

Would it be possible to add a feature where holding a modifier key (eg SHIFT) while dragging a note constrains the notes X / Y value?

Pr
Profetcsc

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 am Post

I agree. This is one of the features in Keynote that makes moving items very efficient. In addition, it would be great if Scapple had auto-guides, or auto snap-to-grid options, as in Keynote, so that when you drag an item it automatically offers the option of aligning with nearby items.

Love the software--just downloaded it and will definitely use it and buy it when it is available. Thanks for working on it!

KB
Site Admin

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 am Post

The whole point of Scapple is that it is messy and freeform. :) Anyway, this isn't really possible, since Scapple uses OS X's standard drag-and-drop mechanisms. You can, however, hit "M" to enter "Move" mode, then use the arrow keys or Shift-arrow keys to move notes with precision (or just line them up afterwards using "Align"). Anything else is a bit out of scope.

Thanks for the kind words, by the way, Profetcsc!
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Fl
Floating.Point

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:41 am Post

Hey KB, thanks for the explanation!
Encouraged "messy-ness" could actually be a godsned for me in the long run ;)
Thanks again.