Default note styles

mi
michaelbywater

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 am Post

I see that Set As Defaults only applies to those settings in the Document pane of the Inspector.

Is there a way -- current or planned -- to set Note Styles as defaults? I don't use most of the preset styles but have a few I use a lot; I know I can import them from another document, but it would be simpler to have them come up on a global basis each time I create a new Scapple document.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 pm Post

What about the note style settings in the Preferences? They should cover everything else...
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

an
andycwb

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 pm Post

I might be missing something but I can't see an obvious way to define this - it would be nice to have an easy way to define the default.

KB
Site Admin

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:24 pm Post

Scapple > Preferences, as I said in my previous post... Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

mi
michaelbywater

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:43 pm Post

Can't see anything in Scapple>Preferences that does it. Let me clarify.

- I'm in document foo.scap
- In foo.scap, I create a note style with bold 14pt text, a bright yellow background and a border.
- In Format > Note Style >New Note Style From Selection, I name this new style "Standout"
- I open a new document, bar.scap.
- What I hope for: "Standout" to appear in the list under Format>Note Style > Apply Note Style
- What I get: Not that. If I want it, I have to go to Format > Note Style > Import Note Styles...

So what I'm after is in essence a New Document template which I can modify to include the Note Styles I want. Thereafter, every new document I create will have those styles immediately available. (And I don't have to think "Which document did I create that style with the green background and Zune-brown border with purple 36pt Comic Sans and a drop shadow, the one I called 'Business Normal'?")

Hope this clarifies it. Now you can tell me where I'm being a fool...

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:01 pm Post

You're not being a fool, but as styles are built into the documents, there is no way of doing any of this, sorry. I thought you were talking about an individual note style (which can be achieved via the Preferences), not all note styles.

Let me ponder upon it...

mi
michaelbywater

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm Post

Lash-up solution, of course -- save a copy of the document-with-all-the-styles-I-want, go to Get Info in the Finder, and mark it as Stationery.

Meet-you-halfway solution would be to have Select Default Document... in Preferences or File menus.

Just a thought.