Suggestion & Thanks

ed
edramsey
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 pm Post

Hi.

A suggestion: I am working on a map now that might benefit from being able to put a border around and shade a group of items that are related, but I don't want to put lines on because they aren't derivative just loosely related. I created a map, added ten or twenty words & concepts, and found that afterwards as I was dragging the words around to relate to each other that I had basically three broad themes, and was just wanting to identify them on the map with a shade and perhaps a lasso/circle of some kind rather than put them all in one circle or connecting them with lines. In other words, when I lasso a group of words and put a border around them it goes around the individual words rather than making a group that I can then shade.

Thanks: In one of the earlier posts (that I now can't find) Keith made a reference to "Writing the Natural Way" by Gabriele Rico. I am working through the book now and it is helping me better formulate my ideas at the beginning of a project. And, with that book, now Scapple is making sense to me in a way it didn't before. Thanks for the pointer.

-Ed

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm Post

Hi Ed,

Although I know a lot of users want something like this, I'm afraid there are no plans at the moment for a grouping tool that would draw a border with shading around notes. I may reconsider this in the future, though.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Spitfire31

Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 am Post

Please include me in that 'lot of people'. ;-)

Scapple is unique and a great tool, bridging the chasm between mind and machine. Not a six file freeway bridge, mind you, but definitely a well-crafted suspension bridge.

/Joachim