Wish: Inspector from Context Menu

AndreasE

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:04 pm Post

As I said elsewhere, I have become a heavy Scapple-user over the turn of the year, and while working so heavily, I started to miss the possibility to call up the inspector from the context menu. It would be an improvement, I think – a tiny one, true, but nevertheless.

I would sacrifice the option "Shadow" for it, if the number of options already there should be a problem. That's because I use this option rather in the context of creating a new note style, that is, with inspector open anyway.

Pi
Piratepug
Platform: Mac

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 am Post

Just the other day I was thinking that this very thing would be handy. For some reason, I tend to use a lot of colors and always have to go back to "view" and open the inspector. It doesn't put me off, by any means, but to have it in the context menu would be useful.
Taking umbrage with the world, so you don't have to!

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm Post

"Show Inspector" would be an odd thing to put in the contextual menu - that's not very standard. You can easily hit the keyboard shortcut, though, which is much quicker anyway.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:26 pm Post

You can also shortcut straight to the colour palette with Shift-Cmd-C, if that's the only aspect of the inspector you need.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

AndreasE

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:36 am Post

Thinking about it again, I realized that my problem with calling up the inspector was that I needed both hands for it (ALT+CMD one hand, "i" the other). So I defined an easier shortcut (CMD-Y) in the System Preferences and now that's as good as an option in the context menu.

:D