Change Import picture size in preferences

jo
johnpg22
Platform: Mac

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 am Post

I love how easy it is to import and move around images in Scapple but the images come in too wide so can you add a preference to set the width of imported images so I do not have to resize each one. I make (2” X 1”) sketches in Painter and save to desktop next to Scapple then drag into Scapple. Then switch to Painter and erase sketch and draw new idea and save to same file on desktop. This is a fast way to get a lot of simple sketches into Scapple that I can move around as I try different layouts for ads or page layouts for stories. I like to move the sketches around into new arrangements and groups as I play with ideas. It would also be nice to have a preference just for images for border size.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 pm Post

Images should use the same width as the standard width for notes when imported - is that not what you're seeing?

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

jo
johnpg22

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:54 pm Post

Images are not using the same width as the notes when imported. The default width for notes is 200 px but pictures dragged in form desktop are about 400 px wide. I tried changing the default width of notes in preferences but pictures come in at same size. I tried importing different sized pictures but they all come in at same width of about 400px. I want to put 4 or 5 pictures on a row so I can see my different ideas at one time. Now I have to resize each picture to get it about 170 px wide so they fit but being able to set the width of photos to be imported would save me a lot of time as I go through a lot of thumbnail sketches looking for a good idea.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm Post

Ah, yes, sorry, imported images are indeed 400 pixels wide (as are imported text notes).

You don't need to resize all of the images, though - you only need to resize one of them. Then select all of the images, ensuring you select the resized image first, and use Notes > Make Same Width.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."