A plea for Scapple-Scrivener integration: rebut KB's reasons

Merovech
Platform: Mac

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 pm Post

Just to try to work against integration. I'm an Abstract Random thinker--something I've only lately accepted. A couple years back I had a pretty big assignment at work and it was time for me to move on. With a big-arse whiteboard and colored markers, I proceeded to try my first-ever mindmap. Major spokes were the job roles and off that came all the open issues that my replacement would need. It took me a week of spare time to flesh out.

My replacement sat down and over a couple hours I unpacked it for her, letting her create an outline from my mindmap (she's very sequential). As we spoke, new things popped up, and I marked in a different color. Afterward, I kept adding to it in yet-another-color.

For over a year after I left, the mindmap stayed up and in use.

I have a home project that started in Scapple. I have a novel series that I'm slowly creating the setting for...the scapple is currently stretched across two screens. Mindmaps up on the wall are now on computer...

I like that Scapple plays well with my randomness.

Lord Lightning

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:21 pm Post

Merovech wrote:I have a home project that started in Scapple. I have a novel series that I'm slowly creating the setting for...the scapple is currently stretched across two screens. Mindmaps up on the wall are now on computer...

Yes, its brilliant - but very expensive when you add two 27" monitors... I just sold the kids to medical science. Hell. It's a matter of priorities. :D
Lord Lightning

I'm a writer. I create worlds!
When I make a declarative statement it applies to ME. Not to everyone.

Merovech
Platform: Mac

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:14 pm Post

Lord Lightning wrote:
Merovech wrote:I have a home project that started in Scapple. I have a novel series that I'm slowly creating the setting for...the scapple is currently stretched across two screens. Mindmaps up on the wall are now on computer...

Yes, its brilliant - but very expensive when you add two 27" monitors... I just sold the kids to medical science. Hell. It's a matter of priorities. :D

It's only dual-24" LEDs, they were 1/2 off so I picked up two. I end up using the dual monitors all the time. The right is for browsing/text. The left is for video/image-editing or Eve Online. Scrivener and Scapple get both monitors.