List of things I ran into

kg
kgarnett
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm Post

1. Is set to dotted line when piling one note upon another, the Command key piling results in solid line with one arrow. That is the opposite of what your guide says. (BUT, I PREFER IT THIS WAY....)
2. Can't get it to go back to dotted, once I have it as a solid line, with one or two arrows.
3. I got a solid line with no arrows.....liked that much, but there is no guidance about how to achieve this.
4. Shift-command does not change direction of arrow....it changes from solid+arrow to dotted
5. I would love to be able to choose from different arrow head sizes/styles.
6. Esc is only an option for completing an edit. You can also just move off it.
7. I don't understand the setting (under Edit) about arrow keys moving notes. When I check it and hit any arrow key, it lights up a note border. When I uncheck it andhit any arrow key, the same thing occurs. No "movement".
8. Your guide says: Shift-click or cmd-click also allows you to select multiple notes one at a time. BUT, the shft-click hardly works and the cmd-click is not consistent.

9. Love that I can drag a picture in --- why can I not "paste" in a pic?
10. I cannot get this "z" hold thing to happen....maybe my web is not yet gangly enough.
11. I get a hand when I hold the space bar and left-click the mouse....but, a menu comes up, rather than my being able to scroll.
12. Stack under Notes works, but is not the same as the keybd combination you give in your guidance. (Stack is lovely.)
13. Interesting inching phenomenon when I do shift-click repeatedly on a note.
14. I cannot make a connector (dotted or otherwise) between notes in a stack.
15. PS I LOVE THIS PROGRAM ---- thank you, thank you, thank you. I think you should showcase all different styles. For instance, I have a delicious green background, the right font for my purpose and use the note background contrast for more categorical things, once I realize they are a category.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 pm Post

kgarnett wrote:1. Is set to dotted line when piling one note upon another, the Command key piling results in solid line with one arrow. That is the opposite of what your guide says. (BUT, I PREFER IT THIS WAY....)

That was somewhat recently changed. Cmd-drag drops an arrow from the drop to the target. If you prefer the arrow to point back at what you started dragging from, use Opt-drag instead. Cmd-Opt-Drag will create a double-ended arrow.

2. Can't get it to go back to dotted, once I have it as a solid line, with one or two arrows.

Select the two items you wish to convert to a dotted line, and use `Notes/Remove Arrows`, or `Opt-Cmd-,`.

3. I got a solid line with no arrows.....liked that much, but there is no guidance about how to achieve this.

I'm not sure how you did that, there isn't a way to make a solid line with no arrows. Is the arrow perhaps obscured by something? Try moving the notes around.

7. I don't understand the setting (under Edit) about arrow keys moving notes. When I check it and hit any arrow key, it lights up a note border. When I uncheck it andhit any arrow key, the same thing occurs. No "movement".

The natural setting is for arrow keys to attempt to select notes roughly in the direction of the arrow, preferring to follow stack components and lines. Movement mode switches that off and will "nudge" notes with the arrow keys (Shift-Arrow for larger distances).

Try selecting something, then hitting 'm' to toggle movement mode and see if it works as described. You should also be seeing a notification flash when switching modes.

8. Your guide says: Shift-click or cmd-click also allows you to select multiple notes one at a time. BUT, the shft-click hardly works and the cmd-click is not consistent.

I can't reproduce either of those issues, I need more detail on what you are doing and seeing. For me, holding down either modifier and clicking on a note reliably toggles its selection status (regardless of any existing selection) 100% of the time. The only case where it seems to mess up is if I accidentally double-click, then it drops to editing the note I clicked too quickly on.

10. I cannot get this "z" hold thing to happen....maybe my web is not yet gangly enough.

It could be. It works better with canvases that are larger than the window. If the whole thing fits in the window it will do nothing.

11. I get a hand when I hold the space bar and left-click the mouse....but, a menu comes up, rather than my being able to scroll.

You might have some kind of third-party tool interfering with Space-click? What is "a menu" in this case? Is it the contextual menu called up by right-click or Ctrl-click?

12. Stack under Notes works, but is not the same as the keybd combination you give in your guidance. (Stack is lovely.)

The manual is still a WIP, you can't use it as an authoritative reference yet.

13. Interesting inching phenomenon when I do shift-click repeatedly on a note.

I'm not sure what that means, but if you accidentally move the mouse immediately after clicking it will move a bit, as the system interprets that as a click and drag (albeit a very small one).

14. I cannot make a connector (dotted or otherwise) between notes in a stack.

I'm not having a problem with that either. If I drag one stacked item onto another, I get a line, which of course becomes much more obvious once the note is dragged out of the stack and the line isn't behind everything. If you drag one of the notes out of the stack, you do not see a line?

PS I LOVE THIS PROGRAM ---- thank you, thank you, thank you. I think you should showcase all different styles.

Thanks! Glad you like it. We'll have a number of cool looking screenshots for the web site, have no fear. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

kg
kgarnett
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 pm Post

1. OK
2. OK, thanks.
4. Would like to have a solid line option....

7. Thanks, got it.
8. OK
10. OK
11. Oops, was clicking the right click, not the left. Thanks.
12. OK
13. OK
14.OK
Thanks.